Well Chuffed

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Discussion/Well Chuffed

OvineByDesign(Posted 2012) [#1]
Our first Monkey game has been out now for a week and we are very chuffed with results so far. Seeing that we released it more to test the water and get the whole process of submitting under our belt.

Looking at stats from Distimo, we have been mentioned in the new and noteworthy in itunes and even placed 225 in the us game chart.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-sky-is-falling/id495548592?mt=8

Heres onward and upward (http://www.monkeycoder.co.nz/Community/posts.php?topic=2293)

God bless you Mr Sibley :)

/Stu

benmc(Posted 2012) [#2]
Awesome game, really well done!!!!!

Are the high scores global/online? I didn't see how I could change my name from Player 1.

Edit: Figured out that I touch my name to change it. Der. How did you get that awesome keyboard to show up????

Edit 2: High score!!!! Yeeeesssss. Seriously, this is an awesome game :)

skid(Posted 2012) [#3]
Cool stuff. Don't forget to submit your app on this site for some free promotion.

Uncle(Posted 2012) [#4]
@benmc. Glad you are enjoying it. The keyboard was our solution before keyboard support was added to monkey. Its just homemade keyboard which can be skinned to suit the game and its the same on all platforms.

benmc(Posted 2012) [#5]
@Uncle The keyboard is better than the native one IMO :)

WOW, you are a FEATURED app today in the App Store! Please let us know how big of a deal something like that is. Congratulations!!!!

Uncle(Posted 2012) [#6]
I have no idea how that happened, but its really great for us :) Our sales certainly ramped by about 10 fold because of this.

This game was coded in about a month, and was just to test the water and the framework we have written. We tried several other languages until Monkey arrived and we love it. Myself and Stu have been coding BMax for quite some time so Monkey was a great fit. What is really sweet is we only have to maintain 1 set of source files and everything compiles lovely to all the platforms we wanted to support. Mark has really made a nice product here.

OvineByDesign(Posted 2012) [#7]
we just need windows an android to catch up!!!!!!

dopeyrulz(Posted 2012) [#8]
Any chance of a WP version - love all the games you guys do!

Update: The guys advised it is available for anyone else interested.

matt(Posted 2012) [#9]
I've been playing The Sky Is Falling today and I really like the concept.

I think you should introduce some extra items, with the main goal of varying the gameplay as you go through the levels. I also think it could get faster as you go on. Or allow the user to adjust the speed of the player so they can run through "blank" areas. It's great at it's core, it just needs a little something else...

Uncle(Posted 2012) [#10]
Thanks,

Thanks for buying and thanks for the feedback. For sure we want to add some new elements. We are throwing a few ideas around at the moment and we will add yours into the pile as well :)

Cheers,

Andrew

dopeyrulz(Posted 2012) [#11]
I got it as well - really like it too for one of those time fillers!

Some suggestions:
* objects you have to jump over ie. rocks/boxes
* Collectables dropping from the above ie. gold, diamonds, powerups??

I'll get Quantum too once you get it out on WP7. BTW - this is the first thing I've purchased!

boomboom(Posted 2012) [#12]
Well done!

dopeyrulz(Posted 2012) [#13]
Guys,

Couple of questions in relation to the WP version - on your video the level complete scenes have sounds and animations. On the WP version, the sounds appear to be missing along with the animation of one scene.

examples:
Level 1 - the helicopter has no sound
Level 2 - the ballon jumps into position rather than floats and has no sound
Level 3 - the alien ship has no sound

Not a biggie of course, just comparing to the youtube video.