unusual email

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Discussion/unusual email

dave.h(Posted 2011) [#1]
hi guys just wondering if any of you have been approached by this company as i got this email out the blue from them and wondered if they are legit.www.ubi-nuri.com.I did a little research and found that a couple of people have recieved around $300 upfront but i suppose these could be fake replies.

Dear GAMECENTAUR,

I am writing on behalf of Ubinuri, Inc., a distributor of Android-based mobile applications through local app stores including our own app store in Korea. I am writing to express our interest in selling your application, "Towers In Enferno Gold", in our channels.

If you agree with our proposal, we would offer you various services through our channels subject to agreement with you.

1) Localization Service – Translation, Device compatibility testing, CS support

2) Settlement Service - Payment, Taxation and Data Reporting

3) Technical Feedback & Consulting

4) Professional, Committed Promotion & Marketing

5) Local Legal Service - IPR Protection Service

We also have good channels to provide your applications directly to mobile service operators and phone manufactures on a large scale.

In addition, we would give your revenue of application sales in advance as a token of our partnership.
It means that we’ll deposit some prepayment for your application, to your company to support your implementation of the adaptation of the application to be published in local app stores.

If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, or have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

matty(Posted 2011) [#2]
I get these all the time from China, Brazil and other places - personally I don't trust them...but that's just my opinion...

dave.h(Posted 2011) [#3]
Yeah that's kinda my train of thought as well but thnx for the reply

therevills(Posted 2011) [#4]
I get these all the time

Yep, me too... spam spam spam!

secondgear(Posted 2011) [#5]
We published a few games through Ubinuri in Korea about a year ago. They paid what they promised.

Grey Alien(Posted 2011) [#6]
Just ask them for upfront cash (quite a lot) and see if they pay. If not, forget it. If so, just send them your assets and leave them to it. Easy money. Once we got $5000 from a Russian company and they didn't even ship the game!