a good website builder

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Discussion/a good website builder

hardcoal(Posted 2011) [#1]
anyone has a good recomendation for a website builder
that makes you life easy.

I want to have a tree menu like folders on the side (or like windows explorer)

so i can make meny branches to many topics.

ive tried many... yet didnt find exactly what i want.

i will keep on trying but if someone has an idea . feel free to share.

TheRedFox(Posted 2011) [#2]
Not a website builder per se but rather a powerhouse: Tiki Wiki CMS Groupware.

You'll break a sweat or two but you'll get interesting stuff (e.g. http://www.socius.be which I helped creating - warning: dutch text).

Other than that, Wordpress is your friend, just go for pages and not blog posts.

c.k.(Posted 2011) [#3]
Have you looked at www.weebly.com? I've not used it before, but I saw an ad for it today; looks like it might be just what you want.

dave.h(Posted 2011) [#4]
i used website x5 evolution 9 and found it very easy and good.I also tried weebly and you can set one up for free on that but found the editor a bit rubbish but they may have updated it now.

hardcoal(Posted 2011) [#5]
tnx for all the recomendations i will check them now.

Luke111(Posted 2011) [#6]
How is Tiki Wiki in comparison to Joomla? I haven't tried Tiki Wiki before, but I used Joomla 1.6 in my projects before I started coding my own CMS.

TheRedFox(Posted 2011) [#7]
Joomla is a CMS with tons of extensions.

Tiki is a platform that happens to have a CMS component. But lots of other ones as well.

Key advantage of Tiki for me: the ability to have user/group permissions is one thing but having object-based permissions and the new perspectives thing for creating workspaces is unbelievably useful when dealing with various communities. (e.g. I have been running extranets for banks on it, ran one of my startups with it with lots of partners having limited views on stuff, and socius manages all of their backend workflow on it as well).

The code is simple enough to understand so that you do not end up with piles of ubercomplex objects piling upon each other ala dotnet (read: when you are stuck, you can step through with a debugger without interceptors, proxies and other $XYZ wrappers and aspects-generated byte-code gremlins).

i may be biased. I am part of the marketing team for it (well, an unpaid volunteer promoting open source that is), so take my enthusism with a grain of salt.

If you need help, just tell. We also have a very helpful IRC channel on freenode: #tikiwiki - Also check "Tiki Essentials" and "Tiki For Smarties" web sites (both done with Tiki obviously - by our Ricks99 incredible and tireless writer). There is also docs.tiki.org but you are better off starting with essentials or for smarties.

And the crowd is as cheerful as here: people who love pushing things forward. That's essential for me.

<end of rant/>