html5games website linking directly to apps here

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Discussion/html5games website linking directly to apps here

QuietBloke(Posted 2011) [#1]
Hi all,

Is anyone else aware of the html5games.de website ?

I got an email from them yesterday saying the have added one of my games on their site.
I took a quick look and there are quite a few monkey games on there.

Im flattered they think it worthy to add it to their site but other than mentioning my name I dont see a link to either my website or the monkeycoder website.

When you click to play the game they are linking directly to the actual monkeygame page in this site ( just the bit in the iframe ) so there is not even any indication it is on the monkeycoder website. I dont even know if it is captured in the number of plays counter.

Has anyone else had an email from them ?

MikeHart(Posted 2011) [#2]
They should ask for permission. Also they make monkey by advertising on their side, so your game helps them with that without you getting any of it.

dawlane(Posted 2011) [#3]
Yes they should have asked for permission but not only from you but also from BRL to link directly to those apps in question. Also don't forget that when you submit an app to monkey coder you have to be as it says "happy to make public!" your work. If I was you, I would have added a copy write notice plus added some sort of license agreement about do and don'ts.

Foppy(Posted 2011) [#4]
No Doggy Bounce!? >:(

QuietBloke(Posted 2011) [#5]
Im perfectly happy someone linking to my game.. and they let me know so presumably if I told then to remove it they would.
The issue really is that they are linking directly to the apps.monkeycoder.co.nz/html5/... URL's. So the MonkeyCoder website is being bypassed. Looking on there quickly showed sokoban, dividedy circles, witch blaster, pirate tripeaks. Im sure there are many more MonkeyCoder Apps.
Just wondered if everyone else was aware of this esp. BRL who might object to them linking the to game directly instead of the actual monkeycoder forum page.

slenkar(Posted 2011) [#6]
If you dont want this to happen you could code in a check to see if the URL is the one you want,
e.g. monkeycoder kongregate

you can also do this in flash with a link to js

Dabz(Posted 2011) [#7]
Not fussed, one, I made Croco for people to play, so, they are doing the marketing for me, and two, their linking to my site, which is a great because I have other games advertised on there!

Dabz