Set App Name

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Discussion/Set App Name

Rob Pearmain(Posted 2011) [#1]
Is it possible to set the name of the app that is exported.

For example, ios = monkeygame.app, would it be possible to set it to the name of the file (e.g. invaders.app)?

semar(Posted 2011) [#2]
Yes, there's a file named config.txt in the main directory (not in the .build one ). There you can change the name and also other settings, like portrait/landscape, etc.

Warning: give a unique domain for each app !

Regards,
Sergio.

Rob Pearmain(Posted 2011) [#3]
Yes, this is useful, I just thought it would be good to do it on an app by app basis, perhaps with a compiler directive.

GfK(Posted 2011) [#4]
I build the monkey app then open the project in xcode to change the app name, icon and orientation stuff before building. Is this not the usual way of doing it?

Dabz(Posted 2011) [#5]
I wish Mark would hurry up and come up with a plan to do this sorta guff a bit more automagically!

Its the only thing that really does my nut in about the whole thing!

Dabz

Rob Pearmain(Posted 2011) [#6]
Something like a config file per projevt would be good

AaronK(Posted 2012) [#7]
I realise this is an old thread, but is there a place where all the config.txt stuff is documented? I need to force landscape for my game on iOS.

Also, I have been trying to build monk so I could make changes to handle project configurations but it just won't compile on OSX it seems. It's missing a c runtime file somewhere.

marksibly(Posted 2012) [#8]
Hi,

http://blitz-wiki.appspot.com/App_config_settings

...but you'll have to edit info.plist in xcode to change ios app orientation.

AndroidAndy(Posted 2012) [#9]
@AaronK - Yes the config.txt stuff is documented in Docs wiki on the monk IDE, go to the Home tab and find the "App config settings" link. That's as good as it gets for now.

Not sure why there isn't an easier way to change the names in the app config.txt, doesn't make sense to change it globally in the targets\"yourtarget" folder? Seems like there should be a config file per project as suggested above. It is cool to get started, but gets old pretty fast when you are ready to deliver something other than "MonkeyGame"...

Is this even on the radar to get addressed in a future release?