Looking for a gfx artist for small project (paid)

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Discussion/Looking for a gfx artist for small project (paid)

Playniax(Posted 2011) [#1]
We are looking for a productive gfx artist wo can deliver work fast. It's probably going to be a small 2D space shooter for the mobile market. Possible releases will be iPhone and iPad.

Please send us an email if you are interested. A reference of your past or recent projects would help.

FlameDuck(Posted 2011) [#2]
Don't take this the wrong way, but if that's your sales pitch, you're not going to get any response. At all. Things you're missing:

Amount of work; including things like a rough estimate on number of images and their respective size, animation and style. "small 2D space shooter" is not specific enough unless you have a specific existing game in mind you're just going to plagiarize (Project X or Platypus for instance).

The deadlines; including things like when you can deliver a proper specification of the work you need done (which can function as a contract in a pinch), and how soon after you deliver the specification, you're going to need the graphics.

The budget; including such things as how much you're expecting to pay. This can be in a range, if you're not quite sure, or it can be an absolute fixed amount if you care less about quality.

Payment; How is the artist going to get their money? Escrow service? Paypal? Credit card? Invoice? Money order? International check? Western Union? Wire transfer? The person on the other end needs to be able to cash your payment or it's not going to be much use.

Playniax(Posted 2011) [#3]
Hi,

No problem but I think these things don't need to be made public.

Bye

FlameDuck(Posted 2011) [#4]
Well you're entitled to your opinion. But you're wrong.

Nobody is that interested in your unspecific maybe shoot'em-up project. Certainly not to the point they're going to initiate contact and update their portfolio, particularly if they don't know up front the amount of work they're going to have to commit to, and the amount of compensation they're likely to receive. You're the one looking for help, you're the one who's going to have to make the sell. The world isn't full of people standing in line to want to help you.

But hey. Good luck with it!

c.k.(Posted 2011) [#5]
I think Playniax did it right. He provided enough info to get people interested in wanting more information, afterwhich he would supply, privately, all the details FlameDuck asked for.

Nothing wrong with your request, Playniax. I'm just sorry your thread got derailed! :)

Playniax(Posted 2011) [#6]
Thanks c.k.

I think we found our guy for this project.

Amon(Posted 2011) [#7]
Ahh! Good ol' Flameduck. How's it going Mikkel? We miss you on the BB forums. :)

But, yeah, I agree c.k. Some things need not be shared in public. If people are interested and want to know more then they can make contact with Playniax.

Virtech(Posted 2011) [#8]
Does the specifics really matter? If you are interested just email Playniax. If not just move along. And most importantly, if you want to earn some money... quit bitchin! :)

ErikT(Posted 2011) [#9]
Er, am I actually reading arguments *against* making the effort to do a hiring pitch properly? You folks are weird, heh :)

GfK(Posted 2011) [#10]
We are looking for a productive gfx artist wo can deliver work fast. It's probably going to be a small 2D space shooter for the mobile market. Possible releases will be iPhone and iPad.
The words "probably" and "possible" are not good words to use here. If you're at a stage where you need to outsource artwork then surely you know what you're going to do, and what you're going to release it on?