Searching for fixed width BitmapFont Creator OSX

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Discussion/Searching for fixed width BitmapFont Creator OSX

MikeHart(Posted 2011) [#1]
Hi folks,

I am searching for a fixed width Bitmap Font creator for OSX and can't find one.

Any suggestions?

Michael

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2011) [#2]
Try searching for GlyphDesigner from 71Squared

MikeHart(Posted 2011) [#3]
I thought it can only to variable width fonts. Will give it a try. Thanks!

MikeHart(Posted 2011) [#4]
I think it can't create fixed width font bitmaps which you could use with the SetFont statement.

dave.h(Posted 2011) [#5]
i got one which i downloaded from the dark basic website called fontimage which works great with the setfont statement.Ive been and looked for the link but cant find it now sorry but it was either in the magazine section or the forume section.It was created by norman e perry.Im sorry i cant be more helpfull but if you can find it then its a very nice program and very small.I use it sometimes instead of ziggys as its much smaller and faster.

MikeHart(Posted 2011) [#6]
The problem is, i need it for OSX.

NoOdle(Posted 2011) [#7]
I used Glyph Designer for my monkey games, it outputs 2 files. You can load the sprite atlas in and then read in the data (save it in txt editor for .txt) and extract the useful bits of information. e.g the texture co-ords for each character and the xSpace for the start of the next letter. I stored all this in a dictionary which I use as a lookup for the each letter of a string for drawing to screen. Works well and only took a few mins to knock up :)

Shinkiro1(Posted 2011) [#8]
Hiero: http://slick.cokeandcode.com/
I use this one.

EDIT: You can adept this code to fit your own game.

MikeHart(Posted 2011) [#9]
Thanks guys, I was looking for something that I can use with the plain DrawText statement. I am sure it is helpfull for others too.
Thank you!