Telling Windows 7 to use monk.exe

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Discussion/Telling Windows 7 to use monk.exe

Foppy(Posted 2011) [#1]
After an update to the latest Monkey, I am trying to explain to Windows 7 that .monkey files should be opened with monk.exe, and not with Adobe Reader.

However, when I browse to the Monkey folder and then select monk.exe as the program that should be used, it just returns to the screen that tells me that Adobe Reader is the recommended program, with no mention of monk.exe.

Does anyone have tips on how to solve this?

P.S. I can start monk.exe and work from there but it would be nice to be able to double click a .monkey file and have monk.exe being opened.

therevills(Posted 2011) [#2]
Install JungleIDE? :P

dopeyrulz(Posted 2011) [#3]
You should be able to right-click on a monkey file, select Open With... from the popup and then (probably) browse for Monk.exe.

Xaron(Posted 2011) [#4]
Should, yes. But from time to time you can't set the checkbox for a permanent link due to reasons which are beyond my wildest imaginations. ;)

I've seen this as well on a different system.

Foppy(Posted 2011) [#5]
I tried the Open With action, browsing to monk.exe and selecting that, but then nothing happens. Very strange. :)

However, I figured out that I can have a shortcut to monk.exe on the desktop, and since it remembers which files were opened I can now achieve basically the same end result.

JungleIDE? I will have a look!

therevills(Posted 2011) [#6]
Once you've gone into the Jungle you wont look back ;)