jdk-jre settings for old install still being used!

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Discussion/jdk-jre settings for old install still being used!

Amon(Posted 2011) [#1]
When I first installed jdk/jre etc it was in C:\XPlatformDev\blah. When I couldn't get anything to compile I uninstalled everything and reinstalled to program files i.e. the default settings in the installer.

I updated paths and all environment variables and rebooted. I updated the wincfg file in the monkey install to reflect where everything is installed and tripple checked everything.

I can compile to html5, flash, glfw, stdcpp etc etc except Android. The reason is when I try to compile it fails saying it couldn't locate java.cfg in C:\XPlatformDev\blah << this is the path to the old install.

I cannot for the life of me find out where this path is stored and why it keeps picking the old path.

Any help appreciated.

a1programmer(Posted 2011) [#2]
It sounds like you need to update "Path" in your environment variables.

Right click My Computer , then -> Properties -> Advanced -> Environment Variables.

Find Path, and modify the JDK bin.

Amon(Posted 2011) [#3]
I've already done that like I said in the OP but somewhere on my system the old path is still being used.

Amon(Posted 2011) [#4]
I fixed it. Basically there was a registry key burried deep in the underbelly of the Windows 7 Registry; I managed to track the sucker down and once I deleted the bastich all works fine. :)

More info, the key was from a previous install of jdk/jre etc. I used 2 tools to remove java completely and then hunted for the rogue key in the registry.

Tools here: http://www.amon.co/storage/JavaRa-msicuu2.zip

In the zip archive is JavaRa and MS Install repair utility. JavaRa basically strips your system clean of java jre and the MS util repairs paths and removes registry keys pointing to the installation.

After you use both these apps reboot then install again.

Obviously this is for people having problems with Java/jre/jdk installations and need to fix them.