Jungle Ide Update available

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Discussion/Jungle Ide Update available

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#1]
A new update for Jungle Ide has been released.

This is the changelog:

Jungle Ide 11.04.2-A (Local Shortcuts)
[*] Implemented a Local Shortcuts Tree component, based on a custom build component, instead of using the Windows Forms implementation of the TreeView. The whole component is using a single window handle and has a single pass renderer that makes it fast and flicker-free.

[*] Fixed a quick info tip / autolists overlapping issue

[*] Added some more color schemes to the define editor color options dialog

[*] Added braces matching highlighting in the text renderer

Hope you like it! The update is available both on Jungle Ide and Jungle Lite (the free version).

Techy note for nerds (like me): The local shortcuts Tree component looks a lot like a regular windows tree control, but it is a custom built component that just draws a visual representation of an abstract tree. This tree is handled by a simple internal tree collection. No window handles are required in the tree contents, no GDI resources for each node, and it is thread safe and updates instantly. I'm very happy with this part.

pinete(Posted 2011) [#2]
After installed I got this bug:

Error al crear el formulario. Consulte Exception.InnerException para obtener más detalles. Error: No se puede cargar el archivo o ensamblado 'JungleSuperTree, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=08450e728b1592a9' ni una de sus dependencias. Se ha intentado cargar un programa con un formato incorrecto.
Running Jungle Ide version 11.04.02-A
en Jungle.My.MyProject.MyForms.Create__Instance__[T](T Instance) en 17d14f5c-a337-4978-8281-53493378c1071.asm:línea 197
en Jungle.My.MyApplication.OnCreateMainForm() en C:\Users\Manel\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\MonkIDE\JungleIDE\My Project\Application.Designer.asm:línea 35
en Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.OnRun()
en Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.DoApplicationModel()

regards!

Virtech(Posted 2011) [#3]
Hi

After updating Im getting this error. I click continue, but the ide wont start.

EDIT: Image removed

Supertino(Posted 2011) [#4]
Same here (Windows 7 64 bit)

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#5]
Ok, found a small 64 bits compatibility issue, fixing it right now.
In order to be able to launch the ide again, if you're experiencing this issue, please go to:

[MyDocuments]\Jungle Ide Framework\Stored Updates

and roll back to 11.03.29-A version.

an update will be release in a while. sorry for the inconvenience, but this issue is very specific to a given architecture.

You can also download previous version from the Support / Licenses and downloads sections of the jungleide site. (follow site instructions for autentication, as it is not just username and password).

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#6]
Ok, founded, fixed and commit small quickfix. If you can start the ide, just get latest update as usual. If you can't, rollback to any 11.03 version and let it update automatically or, if you're using the full commercial version, you can get the fixed update from the support / licenses and downloads sections of the website.

If you are experiencing this issue using the free version, uninstall it, install it again from the website, and let it update as usual.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience, it was not en easy to notice issue, as it was not reproducing in any of the machines here.

Virtech(Posted 2011) [#7]
Thanks! Works good now :)

pinete(Posted 2011) [#8]
How can I rollback to previous version?

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#9]
@Pinete:

If you have a valid full license:

Option 1: You can just install it again and let it update itself (if you keep your original purchase setup file),

Option2: log in to jungleide.com, go to: "support / licenses and downloads" and download latest version there. (Important: read carefully the login details in the downloads page, as all downloads require a special authentication that is not your username and password. It's explained at the downloads page).

If you are using the free demo version, just install the free version again and let it update itself.

dopeyrulz(Posted 2011) [#10]
Working fine here on Seven x64

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#11]
Working fine here on Seven x64
Thanks! Latest update should be compatible with all windows targets (x86, 64 bits and Itanium). So, if anyone with 64 bits windows hasn't updated yet, I would suggest him or she to do it as there are several stability fixes in latest update.

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#12]
Update available:
Jungle Ide 11.04.06-A

[*] Fixed an issue that could make the whole ide crash when a file was being edited at the root folder of the modules folder.

[*] Fixed an issue that was making the EachIn keyword to not highlight

Jungle Ide 11.04.04-A

[*] Fixed an issue that could crash the whole ide when C++ code was found inside a monkey document.

[*] Added a new update system that allows updates to be smaller and download faster

[*] Added a first preliminar version of the Java parser

Jungle Ide 11.04.03-A (QuickFix)

[*] Fixed an issue that coul crash the whole ide when the local shortcuts tree was "unpinned" and the contents of the tree was larger than the scrollable area. This is a small stability update highly recommended.

This update is available both in the free version and in the full commercial version of Jungle Ide.

A screenshot of Jungle Ide in action:

For more information: http://www.jungleide.com/?page_id=4

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#13]
Ok, just a new update is available to both the free Jungle Lite version and the commercial Jungle Ide version.

This is the changelog:

Jungle Ide 11.04.18-A

[*] Fixed an issue that was making Jungle Ide not perform autocompletion for extended classes when Jungle Ide has a very specific preferences configuration.

[*] If JungleIDE was running, but minimized and you double clicked a monkey file in Explorer - the file was loaded into Jungle but Jungle didn't maximize.

[*] Fixed an issue that was making the Solution Explorer to not be properly sorted after a tree node rename.

[*] Fixed an issue with the recognition of single line if sentences when this single line if was written in several lines, using the Or or And operator as the "line continuation" mark

[*] Fixed an issue that was making Jungle Ide show internal data structures (GUID-like) as module paths in the intelliprompt class selection pop-up

[*] Made several small improvements in the graphical user interface of the ide

[*] Fixed an issue that was making the Jungle Ide web browser to display a nameless tab when the browsed document was a PDF file.

[*] Fixed an issue that was making the & operator be considered a data type shortcut, and this was confusing the sinle-line IF detection algorithm.

[*] Fixed an issue that was causing folding problems when a single-line if sentence was followed by an Else or ElseIf clause of an enclosing IF block

[*] Local Shortcuts Tree is now a collapsed panel by default. This makes the IDE more clean at first run

I hope you find it useful.

Virtech(Posted 2011) [#14]
@ziggy
Would you cosider the following suggestion:

A configuration panel for setting things like screenres/icons/orientation.

Thanks

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#15]
@Virtech: I'll be looking to this, once I finish a second-phase of the intelliprompt development (I will be improving the generics support and overloading support very soon). Then, I'll start creating platform-specific config files, etc.

dave.h(Posted 2011) [#16]
hi just installed jungle looks great and html worked fine but when i tried android it just hangs. i went back to the monkey compiler and it did the same thing even though it worked perfectly before. i did a system restore and monkey works now but is three times slower at compiling andoid. probably something ive done but ive no idea. also other options now show to compile even though ive only installed android sdk . i would like to use jungle but ive no idea what ive done wrong

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#17]
Hi dave.h

Jungle calls the Trans compiler for compilation, the same as MonkIde, so it is not a Jungle Ide issue. Anyway, I'll be happy to help finding any possible cause for this if possible.

Have you installed properly all the Android pre-requisites? Is the phone emulator working properly? Also, do you have latest Java VM installed and properly updated?

If you want me to help in this particular issue from "jungle", please come to jungleide.com forums, if you don't care.

If we find any issue on Jungle or Monkey related to this, I'll be posting any useful information here too, for others to see, but it looks to me that there's a misconfiguration issue in your system, somehow.

dave.h(Posted 2011) [#18]
got it going for some reason the debug mode stopped working on my phone. dont know why but everything worked fine when i reset it. i dont think it had anything to do with jungle i think it was just coincidence

Neuro(Posted 2011) [#19]
Looks nice, but a bit hefty on the price tag though.

therevills(Posted 2011) [#20]

hefty on the price tag though.

Ziggy gotta eat ;)

There is the free/lite version you can use...

Amon(Posted 2011) [#21]
bit hefty on the price tag though.

No way. After seeing how Ziggy began with BLIde and what it has turned in to today, the best BlitzMax IDE there is; also an IDE that is absolutely awesome and ranks imho higher than some very expensive others, the Jungle IDE should shape up to be just as good as BLIde. In fact it already is shaping up to be a great IDE.

And quite frankly having seen others churn out IDE's then dissapear off the earth I would trust no one else with providing an IDE for Monkey. Ziggy imho has proved he is dedicated to the software he sells and I base it on the utils for BLIde and BLIde istelf. With BLIde as his proof of dedication to software it makes me confident that JungleIDE has a very good future ahead of it.

:)

BigAnd(Posted 2011) [#22]
And just to add to what Amon has said, Ziggy does one to one help that you will never see on any of the forums. So not only a great IDE but great support also.

Neuro(Posted 2011) [#23]
I've used Blide in the past and I thought it was a great IDE, not to mention I have made a few donations to the developer before it became a commercial product. Its been a while since I've been back to the Blitzmax world, but i didn't realize that Ziggy is the same guy who built Blide until now :). That changes things a bit :). I'm testing out JungleIde demo right now but will more than likely purchase it anyways :).

xzess(Posted 2011) [#24]
Hi,
Its a great IDE, great like Blide, but why does Intellisense not work properly sometimes?
theres nothing wrong with the code.

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#25]
Its a great IDE, great like Blide, but why does Intellisense not work properly sometimes?
theres nothing wrong with the code.

If you experience any bug, please report it in the bugs section of the jungleide website. Otherwise I won't be aware of the bug and won't be able to fix it

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#26]
There's a new update available:

Jungle Ide 11.05.11-A

[*] Added a right click context menu to tabbed documents. This menu has "Close Tab", "Close all other tabs" and "Close all tabs" options.

[*] Fixed an issue that was making the Print Preview dialog to show incorrect icon

[*] Fixed a localization issue that was making Jungle Ide show some system dialogs in the incorrect language in some configurations

[*] Integrated a new components library that includes some new GUI elements from our framework CK-IDE.

[*] Text highlighting is also copied in the clipboard using RTF conversion.

[*] Fixed an issue that could crash Jungle Ide if it was configured wrong in the preferences dialog.

[*] Fixed an issue with the single line IF parsing that could break document internal parsing structure if the condition was written in several lines of code.

[*] Some improvements on Generics support. Instance to class is resolved properly for the first level of inheritance. This will be improved very soon.

[*] Fixed an issue in the Monkey source code parser that was making the parser ignore some generics information on local variables declarations

To get the update, just Update Jungle Ide as usual.

EDIT: This update is now available to Jungle "Lite" too.

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#27]
Another update is available. This update adds support for Interfaces in the intelliprompt system.

Jungle Ide 11.05.21

[*] Fixed an issue in the auto-update system that was causing some issues on users behind a hardware firewall.

[*] Several small improvements in the GUI system

[*] Added full interfaces support into the intelliprompt schema, Combo Jumpers, Local shrotcuts tree view, etc.

The list is small, but the addition of Interfaces hasn't been a trivial task... An update for the LITE version will be available monday.

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#28]
An another one:

Jungle Ide 11.05.22

[*] Fixed an that could cause an unhandled exception when working with generics

[*] Added a way to set the number of space characters that a TAB should enter, when replace TABs to Spaces is enabled

[*] Fixed an issue that was making the Compiler Toolbar to not refresh the available targets automatically when the compiler location was changed on the preferences dialog

[*] Fixed an issue with automatic opening of monkey files from Windows Explorer.

A Jungle Lite and DEMO update will be released tomorrow.

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#29]
Another update is available. This time lots of optimizations have been added to Jungle Ide so it performs a lot faster in most areas

Jungle Ide 11.05.28-D

[*] Implemented a internal "cache" system that speeds up intelliprompt solving in a very noticeable way

[*] Added a new preference that allows the user to disable the double threaded parsing on single core or slow computers

[*] Added a feature that allows the user to limit the document re-parse on line changes, when single thread mode is enabled

[*] Added the "clean" flag to the Trans compiler options.

[*] Added the option "Refresh available targets" in the Monkey menu

[*] Improved general performance of the IDE

[*] Jungle Ide now detects most appropriate encoding for source code files (ANSI, UniCode)

[*] New option to use always Unicode encoding

[*] Option to use Big Endian unicode (by default, regular 8 bits UTF encoding is used for special chars)

[*] Fixed an issue that was making Jungle Ide add a new blank line at the end of a document, when the document was saved to disk

[*] Reduced memory usage of Jungle Ide when working with large solutions.

[*] Fixed a bug on the Search & Replace dialog that was causing the Search on Selection option fail randomly

[*] Fixed a small issue with internal modules database catching when a document was renamed inside the solution explorer (Version B)

[*] Fixed an issue that could cause the Parameter Hint pop-up not to show information for some functions inside complex expressions (Version C)

[*] Fixed a small issue that could show a unhandled exception window when a document was being closed due to parser being closed before than renderer on multithread environment. (Version D)

Jungle Lite will be updated too before Monday

EDIT: The update is now availabel too to all Jungle DEMO and Lite version users

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#30]
Just to let everybody know that next version will support parameter hint displays with full overloading support for constructors (and I'm working on adding this overloading support properly to all functions and methods very soon).

Volker(Posted 2011) [#31]
This will be great. Really missed that.
By the way: It would be nice if hitting F5 to compile
would work while the parameter hints are displayed
(like it is in BLide).

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#32]
It would be nice if hitting F5 to compile would work while the parameter hints are displayed.
Yes. That would be great... I'm working on it. The fix for this is not as easy as it may seem, as it involves quite a bit of a complex chain of windows messages and events and focus changes etc. I'm working on a fix, but not yet there. And it can't be done the same way as BLIde becouse of threading is handled in a very different way in Jungle Ide.

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#33]
Update available for Jungle Ide users (Jungle Lite update to come soon):

Jungle Ide 11.06.18-A

[*] Added a special check for Monkey misconfigurations before a solution is requested to be loaded.

[*] Added a new Word-Wrap mode in the Editor window (by default this is OFF)

[*] Added highlighting for the keyword Alias and Default

[*] Improved text renderer performance

[*] Integrated the Jungle Ide documentation (currently being written)

[*] Fixed an issue that was excluding self-defined classes on intelliprompt inside the same file, on certain document structures

[*] Fixed an issue that could crash Jungle Ide when the "Open Last" solution was selected, and the latest solution was removed from disk

[*] Fixed an issue that was not updating the recent solutions list when a solution was loaded directly from Windows Explorer

[*] Fixed an issue that was making Jungle Ide crash when providing intelliprompt for import keyword and the selected module server was void

[*] Fixed an issue that was making Jungle Ide crash when compilation was requested immediately after modifying the entry point of a project inside a solution

[*] Fixed an issue that was making Jungle Ide not to show the proper icon for the main project in a multi-project solution, after a reload operation of the same Solution

[*] Improved the way Jungle Ide is able to understand malformed code in the internal Monkey source code parser and AST engine

The update is available to all Jungle Ide users (paid version). The update for the free version will come in some days time.

Hope you find it useful!

Raz(Posted 2011) [#34]
Since updating I seem to be unable to open solutions?

"Error loading solution (LOCATION)
Solution could not be loaded because of a misconfiguration problem"

Jungle Ide 11.06.18-A

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#35]
@raz: That's been already solved, it was an issue with solutions containing files with unknown extensions. Current version does work as expected.

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#36]
Jungle Lite and Demo version have been updated to latest 11.06.19-A version (the same version as the full Jungle Ide).