Jungle Ide DEMO to be released next monday

Monkey Archive Forums/Monkey Discussion/Jungle Ide DEMO to be released next monday

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#1]
Just to let you know that the Jungle Ide DEMO will be released this monday (25 march).

[EDIT]
Jungle Ide is an integrated development environment. It is a software application that provides comprehensive facilities to programmers for applications and games development.
Jungle Ide consists of:

* The monkey multi-target and multi-platform compiler
* An advanced source code editor
* A complete project management system
* Integration of additional editors (image editors, 3D editors, etc.)

Jungle Ide is a single program in which all development is done. Jungle Ide provides many features for authoring, modifying, compiling and deploying Monkey games and applications. The aim is to abstract the configuration necessary to piece together all command line utilities in a cohesive unit, which reduces the time to learn the Monkey language, and increases developer productivity.
[/EDIT]

The demo will be able to work with the current Monkey Demo. In fact, if you haven't yet installed Monkey, the Jungle Ide will be able to install automatically the demo for you too.

The demo will self-convert to Jungle Lite (the free version of Jungle Ide) after 30 days.

For more information regarding Jungle, you can see the official site here:

http://www.jungleide.com

Brucey(Posted 2011) [#2]
Windows users will be happy to see this, I'm sure :)

slenkar(Posted 2011) [#3]
yep sounds good

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2011) [#4]
And Mac users will not!

Dabz(Posted 2011) [#5]

And Mac users will not!

Dans on the case of implementing a multi-platform solution for people that are interested in that sort of thing, ie me too! :D

http://www.indiecodez.com/forum/index.php/topic,118.msg4828.html#msg4828

Dabz

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#6]
Finally It's monday here.

Jungle Demo available here: http://www.jungleide.com/?page_id=375

This demo works full funtional for 30 days, and then it self-converts to Jungle Lite, wich is the free version of Jungle Ide that has some limitations, but it is functional.

Also, once the ide is installed, on the first configuration wizard, you'll have the option to automatically download and install monkey demo, and the IDE will configure everything for you.

Hope you like it.

Enjoy!

Note: This is the very first release of Jungle Ide and its demo, development is currently very active and there are several areas that will be improved very soon.

Amon(Posted 2011) [#7]
Phew...At last. :) Thank You Ziggy, downloading now!

slenkar(Posted 2011) [#8]
I tried creating a new solution and its main source file was called newfile,

I want to put my existing files into the solution

How do you make a solution from existing files

when you load in a document with no solution it doesnt show any class names or function names on the right

ziggy(Posted 2011) [#9]
@slenkar:
Migrating pre-existing projects to a jungle solution is very easy, but you have to locate the preexisting files and tell jungle to add them to the solutoin.

To do so:

1.- If the solution and project is already located where your pre-existing files do exists, click on the glass icon, and the tree will show unloaded files in the solution tree. Then you can right click on any file to add it to the solution.

2.- If the solution and project is not located where you pre-existing files do exists, you can right click on the project main node, select "add existing file" and a open file dialog will be shown. Select the files you want to add to the solution and it'll be done. You can recreate folder structures there too.

When you've finished adding the files, you can right click on the entry point file of your project and mark it with "make this file the entry point of this project". when this is done, you can delete the newfile.monkey if it is not useful for you.

when you load in a document with no solution it doesnt show any class names or function names on the right
What do you mean? Class navigation is done using the combo boxes at the top of each document, or using the Shift+F2 method from any identifier. (it will open the declaration point of the identifier, if available).

slenkar(Posted 2011) [#10]
thanks i thought class navigation was going to be like the original IDE