Banned

Monkey Archive Forums/Digital Discussion/Banned

Qube(Posted 2017) [#1]
Hi All,

I've been banned from the Blitz forums for questioning Skidracer. After 15 years on the BRL forums and buying every product I'm kicked out the door.

Yup, one post and your toast.

Guess that's the end of me then. Thanks to the users who I've had fun with and special thanks to Mark for giving me well over a decades worth of fun coding with the languages you have created.

To Skidracer.. Sorry I offended and I hope you learn to take criticism one day rather than dive in and click "delete and ban".

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2017) [#2]
damn you cant make a post like this and not tell us what you asked.

Qube(Posted 2017) [#3]
I simply critiqued his double standards on what he says and does while locking and deleting threads from others who do similar things. For that my post was deleted and my account subsequently banned. Pretty childish to be honest but I assume he enjoys the ban option of the blitz forums.

Soap(Posted 2017) [#4]
Sounds like abuse of mod powers but I'd have to see the actual posts.

Though maybe it's a blessing. It may be fun to post on forums but it's more important be productive with work, and then have fun in the real world.

Xaron(Posted 2017) [#5]
It took me years to learn that criticism on something I do or did NOT necessarily mean that that guy criticizes ME. Mods should NEVER take anything personal but yeah you have to live with what's given. ;) There are many people out there who cannot differentiate between personal attacks and criticism on something they did.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2017) [#6]
I would complain to Mark Directly, if you really were banned for nothing more than raising an issue with how some one was acting then I suspect your ban will or should be lifted, it's possible tho that with the community now as small as it is he figures no one gives a shit enough to do anything about it.

Nothing worse than an abusive mod who cant take what he dishes out.

But I have to agree that without knowing the specifics I cant really condemn anyone. not enough information to go on.

MikeHart(Posted 2017) [#7]
Hi folks, I could not resist and I took the time to read through some post on the M2 forum and I think critics are a nogo these days. I was shocked about how they look down on Blitz User. Some users asked for the BRL forums to be closed.

http://monkey2.monkey-x.com/forums/topic/maybe-we-should-give-up-on-the-blitzmax-crowd/page/2/

Also on the BRL forum, Simon has the only word/say now. According to yours truly, Simon is the entity on that forum and Mark has no say anymore or he doesn't care.

@Qube, you are not the first to be banned or was being warned to be banned. I heard from others recently too.

Nobuyuki(Posted 2017) [#8]
well if what Mike is saying is true about the BRL forums then it sounds like it's starting the long slow path to a ghost town ala neogaf or countless other forums. Soap's probably on the right path here, take it as a cue to get a breath of fresh air! Also, though I've suggested consolidating the forums in the past, I would hate to see m2 take on the blitz community's drama/baggage when both monkey and mx2's forums have seemed relatively-drama free (despite some passionate discussions over the direction of the language!).

Just let it go gently into that good night and all that. Cherish the past, but look towards the future :)

Neuro(Posted 2017) [#9]
Maybe skid had a really sh*tty day and just decided to take it out on the forum? I've seen mods do that before.

Floyd(Posted 2017) [#10]
It think you are asking for trouble when you end your post with

Screw it, logging off and moving on. Bye all, the forums are ruined.

Qube(Posted 2017) [#11]
Because that is way worse than the swearing and personal attacks that go on with little more than a thread lock?

Also I do not want to be unbanned. I was just letting users who have known me for a long long time that I was banned.

Qube(Posted 2017) [#12]
@Floyd
Are you a mod on the Blitz forums ( or another user in disguise )? - I'm just wondering where you got the deleted content from considering the thread was deleted a few minutes after posting and it's rather weird if you just personally saved it.

The reason for my rant at Skidracer was it's perfectly fine for him to dive in on users like JoshK and lock threads for the exact reasons that Skidracer himself is guilt of. Perhaps as you have the contents of my original post you could paste the entire thing to show how petty my ban was.

Considering I've seen racist and swearing rants result in just a thread lock I can only assume that for whatever the reason Skidracer just doesn't like me and took the first opportunity to kick me out the door without even a single warning.

I just find the whole thing bizarre, childish and highly unprofessional.

Floyd(Posted 2017) [#13]
Are you a mod on the Blitz forums
Yes, for the forums only. I can see deleted threads.

What I really meant was if you criticize Skidracer and then announce your intention to leave you practically dare him to make it official.

Qube(Posted 2017) [#14]
Fair enough :)

EdzUp(Posted 2017) [#15]
Even with the dare it should not be acted upon by the moderation team, this is not a school playground it's a forum for a product BRL used to sell.

I don't frequent the forums as much as I used to after being warned twice for posts which to be honest till recently were acceptable, nowadays any critic of blitz is taken as a personal attack.

marksibly(Posted March) [#16]
Testing!

Qube(Posted March) [#17]
Testing!

Yes, my ban still stands :(

Qube(Posted March) [#18]
Bye bye

marksibly(Posted March) [#19]
Test2...

Xaron(Posted March) [#20]
Lol, is that kind of a psychological experiment, Mark?

Playniax(Posted March) [#21]
He wants to see how far he can go :)

marksibly(Posted March) [#22]
> Lol, is that kind of a psychological experiment, Mark?

Ha, no! Just fixing some https issues...

Boulderdash(Posted May) [#23]
Im banned from the Blitz forums, you may have noticed many others leaving since in protest of my ban in recent years.

No hard feelings, I still want manifests, icons as a standard feature in blitz max etc, opps probably got kicked again ;-)

Did I pass the test ?

Xaron(Posted May) [#24]
As this forum is dead anyway I think all lost souls can find their final being here. ;) So welcome all banned BB souls.

Boulderdash(Posted May) [#25]
Xaron , you are right ! I havent been here for awhile, just checked when the most recent post was made for all the forums, some are weeks back !

Pretty dead all right ! Maybe everyone getting banned ? or they get pissed off trying to configurate the plumbing which contridicts the simplicity of the language once put into use, there are to many products and forums now instead of a Multi OS bmax II that improves on the Windows/Max features and adds new targets using bmax syntax to keep the old crowd going, oh and dont forget a great IDE and Visual designer and high quality programmers guide ie more examples and make money through add-ons, if nothing else I would have packaged in the bmax compilers as another build target and call it Bmax 2 with multi-os instead of two new products. I also think not enough focus on native UI the game bit should be secondary to what makes a great app, not a crap app that renders a cool 3D game with no native UI is a return of the blitz3D or Dark basic in multi-os form not a better bmax.

Im going to try and use it anyway the challenge will be patching in UI and other standard stuff.

Its a shame its because its called Monkey it needs a cool name like a solar system or name it after some lawn mower brand but never monkey around....... [BANNED]

Testing

Xaron(Posted May) [#26]
Haha no, Boulderdash. Monkey 1 is just abandoned. Monkey 2 is the new kid on the block with (no doubts) a coming Monkey 3 in the far future. ;) This came along with a(nother) split up of the community. A shame if you ask me. I mean I'm fine with new products but EVERY company I know would NEVER ever have the idea to just leave their existing customers alone. Only the hardest of hardest fanboys will continue to follow. Count me in on that. I'm still in the boat (with monkey 2) but for serious stuff I now use serious development tools with reliable devs behind.

Boulderdash(Posted May) [#27]
Yipes you mean there will be more remakes than 'police academy' ?

Im down with that because my translator will stay constantly reliable syntax and then a new brl product just means another check box, eventually making my translator the bees knees.

Im pretty slow though obviously banning me doesnt work, im such a pain that every time I re-surface poor Mark Sibley has to move his forum and start another compiler, sorry everyone, or literally one....

Heres my blitz max career

gstsoftware.co.nz

I got pissed off having to be stuck with 'COFF' limitations and not being a proper windows app so tried FASM but thats to slow so came back to monkey etc for its multi-os alure, but now I see the goal post keeps moving so im making my own translator to translate to the translators translated translation.