What happened to Ziggy?

Monkey Archive Forums/Digital Discussion/What happened to Ziggy?

MikeHart(Posted 2016) [#1]
I was wondering what has happened to Ziggy? No news about his IDE what so ever. Did he dropped the Monkey ball?

Xaron(Posted 2016) [#2]
Uh I hope not!

Playniax(Posted 2016) [#3]
Note that this is just my opinion but...

Since Monkey sales are in decline and Monkey 2 is open source there is probably no point for him to spend to much time here.
Also TED or TED2GO for Monkey 2 is written in Monkey 2 and if somebody wanted here, it ultimately could be expanded to be a Jungle replacement.
Jungle is a commercial product so when the money is not coming people will find something else.
I am afraid this could happen with Mark too and that would REALLY be a shame!

MikeHart(Posted 2016) [#4]
I am afraid this could happen with Mark too and that would REALLY be a shame!

Yes it would be, but it is only a matter of time I think.

Soap(Posted 2016) [#5]
Has anyone tried to contact him?

ziggy(Posted 2016) [#6]
Hello! I'm here and I read the forums often. i'm not going anywhere!

MikeHart(Posted 2016) [#7]
Glas to hear that you are ok

GW_(Posted 2016) [#8]
When are you going have a sale on Blide? It's christmas after all..

MikeHart(Posted 2016) [#9]
Is Blide still supported?

ziggy(Posted 2016) [#10]
@MikeHart: Yes it is. No new features are being added, but it had some fixes to grant windows 10 compatibility (that was latest change) and it'll be ported to .net 4.6 soon (as Jungle Ide) to benefit from better performance on x64 architectures.
I'm also considering to include the blitzmax compiler in the distribution package, all together, now that blitzmax is open source.

Pakz(Posted 2016) [#11]
So, blitzmax would be ready to use if you have the new jungle ide? Sounds tempting. I was waiting for blitzmax on steam. Will this be in the next 6 months or so?

ziggy(Posted 2016) [#12]
Pakz: No, I was refering to BLIde itself to include the BlitzMax compiler. I was not thinking on adding BlitzMax support on Jungle IDE. If I ever add any new language to Jungle Ide, it would be Monkey 2.

Pakz(Posted 2016) [#13]
Ok, I had not really noticed Blide yet before. After working with a more advanced editor (ted2go) I really see the use of a better editor. Will investigate :)

OvineByDesign(Posted 2016) [#14]
I wouldn't have continued with MONKEY1 as long as I have done if it not for Ziggy, hell blizmax was a joy to use with his previous IDE too.......

In fact just got a new copy for work (using MONKEY on a while bunch of android tablets as part of Lean Manufacturing project at work)

/StuC

Xaron(Posted 2016) [#15]
Yeah, I'm OvineByDesign here. Would love to see Monkey 2 support within Jungle IDE. Would pay for it of course. :)

Cheers!

rIKmAN(Posted 2016) [#16]
+1 to supporting Monkey2 in JungleIDE.

I also wouldn't mind paying a small fee to "upgrade" and have it added! :)

tiresius(Posted 2016) [#17]
I was expecting JungleIDE to begin handling Monkey2 when the language got more stable but sounds like it's not in the plans anymore.
That's too bad as I think I spent more on JungleIDE lifetime license than I did on Monkey. :( Oh well

Xaron(Posted 2017) [#18]
ziggy, could you say a word about Monkey 2 support for Jungle IDE. I would pay for it and I would pay quite a lot - well - I'd say I'm happy to pay for a lifetime license again, because Ted is... well... it's Ted.

To rephrase this: How many customers do you need to make your Jungle IDE Monkey 2 compatible or to rephrase this once more: how much money?

ziggy(Posted 2017) [#19]
Hello! I already answered by email some days ago, but as this has been also asked in public... I was not sure to reply or not but anyway.
In the one hand, there are no specific plans to integrate Monkey 2 to Jungle Ide soon. In the other hand, this is something I would really like to add to Jungle IDE as I really like the monkey 2 language.
I'm also in a very time demanding investigation project which maybe will end in a couple of weeks. then I'll reconsider all my future activity and I would really like to have the time to make a parser for Monkey 2 compatible with Jungle IDE, but this is a rather long development so, don't get my word just yet.
I'll keep you informed and if an official monkey 2 support is being added any time, you can be sure I'll make everybody know it

Nobuyuki(Posted 2017) [#20]
crossing my fingers in hopes of an affirmative green light on mx2 support :)

ziggy(Posted 2017) [#21]
Still no news, my current project has been increased, so it'll be some more weeks before I can tell wheter I'll be able to provide monkey 2 support anytime soon. Sorry!