Atlas robot!

Monkey Archive Forums/Digital Discussion/Atlas robot!

Xaron(Posted 2016) [#1]
Now look at that, isn't that impressive?

muddy_shoes(Posted 2016) [#2]
The movement is getting there. We seem to be up to the level of "drunk". There's a lot of setup obvious in these examples though. Very specific tasks. Code glyphs plastered on everything. Still a way to go before we have humanoid robots that are useful in say, janitorial roles or stocking supermarkets.

When the robot is smart enough to tell the guy with a stick to stop being a nobhead I'll be impressed.

Nobuyuki(Posted 2016) [#3]
I'm already impressed. The best demo was pushing it over and watching it correct itself back to the upright position. It's a shame they didn't show a stair climbing demo; I noticed a staircase just outside of the testing zone in the hockey stick demo.

therevills(Posted 2016) [#4]
Should have looked like this one:

:)

malublu(Posted 2016) [#5]
Jeeeeeeey :S ^^
I'm a portal fan ^^. The feature is comming.
But its creepy.
If you think about the workplaces!
Also if you think about a KI :O.
Roboter with weapons and other stuff. CREEPY!
Should we do this?
But for reallife Portal! I am in favor!
For the war! No no no no no!!!!!!!
Stop it!

Gerry Quinn(Posted 2016) [#6]
I can see the movie now. The guy knocks him over one more time with the stick, and we see a close up of his head with ominous red circuits flashing inside that we didn't see before. He gets up as normal and picks up the box, and the guy knocks it out of his 'hands'. He moves to pick up the box again and the guy with the stick comes close, waiting. Suddenly the robot straightens up and moves fast, puts hands on sides of guy's head... and crushes.

Pengwin(Posted 2016) [#7]
Just showed this to my wife... she was waiting for the robot to deck the guy as he was being "mean" to the robot