IDE Themes' Post a screen shot

Monkey Archive Forums/Digital Discussion/IDE Themes' Post a screen shot

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2015) [#1]
I think the other topic about font is interesting, and thought about taking it a little further into another post about theme's , what's the colour scheme that you code in, I'v noticed as I watch a lot of twitch dev's that a large majority of them seem to code in dark theme's but I have no idea why...

Here is mine, I match this theme as close as I can in all 3 editors that I use.

But I'm thinking that I might test out something new something dark as it seems to be very popular.. so what are you lot using.. lets have a peek!.

Capn Lee(Posted 2015) [#2]
I tend to stick with Jungle's obsidian theme. I do prefer a dark theme, but I don't like when it's completely black as that seems quite intense, same as a white background

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2015) [#3]
Why dark tho is there a reason why you enjoy a darker theme over a lighter one ?.

Nobuyuki(Posted 2015) [#4]

VS addict who now can't live without Jungle's advanced syntax highlighting features...

dmaz(Posted 2015) [#5]

Danilo(Posted 2015) [#6]
Mollusk /MacOSX:
http://i.imgur.com/z9PC64m.png

I need to use dark themes because my eyes are very sensitive, or with other words:
my filter for incoming things is more open than usually (compared to the average people).
Had this already from birth, and as a kid (30yrs ago) I visited a doctor because even snow
and grey sky are blending my eyes. He said no problem, just wear sunglasses. :)
Might have something to do with hypersensivity, hyperactivity, and AD(H)D...

Why0Why(Posted 2015) [#7]
Paul, most prefer the darker themes because of eye fatigue. I definitely prefer something at least in the middle, not white or black.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2015) [#8]
I guess I just don't have eye issues. which is a good thing for me at least, I tried out a dark theme for a little but for me it actually became annoying to read so I guess I'm the flip side of the coin to those who cant deal with bright theme's.

It's interesting how people can be so different from each other.

tiresius(Posted 2015) [#9]
It kind of matters how bright your environment is. In the office I like white background but when I'm coding at night with some lights off ... dark background.

TeaBoy(Posted 2015) [#10]
Are you sure this isn't a pissing contest to see who can post the most complicated code lol

Richard Betson(Posted 2015) [#11]

Ted lives! On Linux Mint 17.2 (64bit) KDE. Dark is the way to go. ;)