Latest Humble Bundle-Game Dev Stuff

Monkey Archive Forums/Digital Discussion/Latest Humble Bundle-Game Dev Stuff

Why0Why(Posted 2015) [#1]
Latest bundle is a great deal. It has Spriter Pro, Sprite Lamp and lots of other goodies. It is worth it for Spriter alone.

https://www.humblebundle.com/

Shagwana(Posted 2015) [#2]
I am a big fan of the humble bundle and this one is no exception.

MikeHart(Posted 2015) [#3]
Yup, i will get it for the resources and sprite lamp. The rest i own already so i will give them to my son. The bundle is definitely of great value.

Soap(Posted 2015) [#4]
Worth it if anyone doesn't have Sprite Lamp or Spriter!

MikeHart(Posted 2015) [#5]
Even the other tools are worth it.

Gerry Quinn(Posted 2015) [#6]
I will inevitably buy this and never use any of it! It is cheap and one of the games looks interesting anyway ;-D

therevills(Posted 2015) [#7]
With the resources can you use them in another tool and not just the RPG maker?

AndroidAndy(Posted 2015) [#8]
I purchased, downloaded and checked some of the assets, there are 10's of thousands by the looks of it. Most everything I am seeing so far are PNG files for individual images, sprite maps, tile sets. The assets seem to be optimized for RPG Maker VX Ace, but there is no specific reason that the images could not be imported into another tool. I would like to hear from Tony to see if any of the RPG Maker assets could be directly support in the Pyro scene builder and tile engine?

The next obvious question is the licensing, and the good news is that most of the EULA's I checked allow you to use the assets with other engines. The only requirement that I have seen so far is that you include the copyright notice for each of the creator's DLC Pack assets that you use. They also allow you to create derivative works, all this provided the assets are only used 'in game' and any advertising only include in game screenshots and not individual graphic images.

Maybe Tony will comment on this, it seems like if IgnitionX and/or Pyro could use these DLC Packs out of the box without a lot of fuss that would open up some welcome options for Monkey devs?

Playniax(Posted 2015) [#9]
> I would like to hear from Tony to see if any of the RPG Maker assets could be directly support in the Pyro scene builder and tile engine?

I will have a look!

tiresius(Posted 2015) [#10]
Well now that I have Spriter I'm probably not ever going to get Spine. :)
I know there is a Spriter module out there for Monkey, but are there plans to make a Spriter import part of Pyro in the future?

Xaron(Posted 2015) [#11]
About licensing:
The Humble Game Making Bundle includes a vast variety of resources for all aspiring game developers. Although some of this content is optimized for use with versions of RPG Maker, all of the DRM free DLC packs are licensed for use with any engine, as indicated by the licenses that are packaged with their corresponding products.
At the bundle's launch, some of the DLC and asset packs were packaged with old licenses, which incorrectly stated that they could only be used with the RPG Maker. As of July 8, 2015, the correct license files — which permit these resources' use with any engine — are now included in the bundle.

https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/articles/206156508

Why0Why(Posted 2015) [#12]
When they have had the RPG Maker specific bundles, the assets could mostly only be used with it. This bundle isn't like that from what I have seen. Such a great value in this package! I knew some people here were interested in Spriter and figured it was worth it for that, but the assets are a nice too(not to mention all the other goodies.)

Playniax(Posted 2015) [#13]
are there plans to make a Spriter import part of Pyro in the future

At this moment I am persuing the Pyro roadmap so in the short term the answer is not really.

However, with Pyro it is very easy to use existing 3rd party modules such as the spriter code (assuming it is not broken with the latest Monkey) or Spine that there is no point for me to fully integrate it right now. I do intend to create a snippet library that has examples showing how to do that. Actually this is an approach that I like very much.

With Pyro your not so 'locked in' as with Ignition X (although I will make some heavy improvements to Ignition X about that soon).

Also, I want to wait and see what Monkey 2 is all about because it will probably make it easy to import native versions of the modules opening a lot more possibilities.

Playniax(Posted 2015) [#14]
Ok, just bought the bundle :)

AndroidAndy(Posted 2015) [#15]
@Playniax - Great! Awaiting your comments (or samples) of what assets from the DLC Packs could quickly and easily leveraged with Ignition X / Pyro frameworks and tools.

Nobuyuki(Posted 2015) [#16]
I also bagged this bundle. Hoping that seeing Spriter in this pack means that the author is finally ready to move his reference implementation to version 1.0. This would make having a Monkey module so much easier.

codeque(Posted 2015) [#17]
Promotion has just been added to this :)