Overlap2D

Monkey Archive Forums/Digital Discussion/Overlap2D

dragon(Posted 2015) [#1]
nice tool i found today:

http://overlap2d.com/

MikeHart(Posted 2015) [#2]
Looking good. To bad it doesn't run on my IMac.

therevills(Posted 2015) [#3]
Looks very nice!

Now we just need someone who likes doing this kind of some to import into MonkeyX ;)

To bad it doesn't run on my IMac.

Doesn't work on my PC either! LOL!

I get a Java error: "Error: Could not find or load main class H:\Dropbox\Dev\Overlap2D_007\Overlap2D.jar"...

secondgear(Posted 2015) [#4]
Missing -jar switch?
java -jar Overlap2D.jar

therevills(Posted 2015) [#5]
Thanks secondgear! I thought they would have set up a runnable jar...

I created a simple bat file which I placed in the same location as the jar:
cd .
java -jar Overlap2D.jar

Samah(Posted 2015) [#6]
@therevills: Now we just need someone who likes doing this kind of some to import into MonkeyX ;)

I s'pose you want me to do it? Sigh...
OK. :)

SLotman(Posted 2015) [#7]
This looks like an immense amount of work - there's spine integrated, there's a physics engine - everything looks 3D (or at least using shaders, which Monkey doesn't support) - I pretty much doubt this can be ported fully to Monkey.
(And probably it would only work with WebGL - not with 'pure' HTML5...)

But it would be cool as h3ll to have it :)
(And even give Unity a run for its money if integration were seamlessly done)

Playniax(Posted 2015) [#8]
This is a preview (subject to change!) of the editor that we are creating for Ignition X using the GUI we are building:

AndroidAndy(Posted 2015) [#9]
Tony, that (Ignition X editor) preview screenshot looks amazing! Certainly worthy of its own topic out of the obscurity of the "Digital Discussion" forum :) I am sure it will make its way up the forum hierarchy in due time, can't wait to see more!

Why0Why(Posted 2015) [#10]
Editor looks amazing!

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2015) [#11]
This is a preview (subject to change!) of the editor that we are creating for Ignition X using the GUI we are building:

Brilliant! Something that Monkey has desperately needed from the start. Eager to see what you have in store.