Monkey Tweets

Monkey Archive Forums/Digital Discussion/Monkey Tweets

skid(Posted 2015) [#1]

Out of facebook, google+ and twitter I think I like twitter the most.

It has taken me forever to understand how it works which makes me feel old.

It is still not obvious enough for me the difference between a tweet and a reply and the re-tweeting of a reply.

It seems like a really nice way of finding out about games. The sharing of a new hi-score with screenshot works especially well I think for word of mouth advertising.

Post your handle if you want some followers!

@isocities

MikeHart(Posted 2015) [#2]
@fantomEngine
@MHartlef
@whitesky_games

So far I like twitter the most. For indie game dev, use the hashtags #gamedev and #indiegamedev. Some tweet robots pick them up and retweet them automatically. Great to get the word around.

ElectricBoogaloo(Posted 2015) [#3]
Follow me, @Jayenkai, if you'd like to see someone who's grown up with Basic, Amos, Blitz2D/3D, BMax and Monkey, suddenly thrust into the world of Unity, trying desperately to figure out what on earth he's supposed to be doing!!

impixi(Posted 2015) [#4]
Don't have a twitter account myself but a couple I view daily:

@id_aa_carmack
(John Carmack)
Tweets interesting items relating to software development and technology.

@blitzmunter
(Mark Sibly)
You already know that one. Interesting office pictures... :)

Nobuyuki(Posted 2015) [#5]
@nobuyukinyuu

warning: I hardly ever tweet about gamedev stuff anymore 'cause I haven't worked on one of my own projects in forever. Always gotta get permission to post any juicy details about anything... (This may soon change but you've been warned!)
I try to inject some "humor" in the feed though to keep people interested

Edit: By the way. If you have a screenshot, be sure to use the tag #ScreenshotSaturday (preferably on a Saturday). This catches people's eyeballs on the twitter machine

nullterm(Posted 2015) [#6]
@nullterm

Twitter is a great way to connect with other devs and find all kinds of great games that are being built. #screenshotsaturday #gamedev #indiedev are the ones I usually check.