Apple Event - 9/9/2014

Monkey Archive Forums/Digital Discussion/Apple Event - 9/9/2014

Raul(Posted 2014) [#1]
Any thoughts?

I just arrived home and I now nothing yet.

ziggy(Posted 2014) [#2]
The streaming was working very badly, but I did see a bit about the Apple Watch. it seems nice

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2014) [#3]
The watch was very nice. I think I must have one.

Supertino(Posted 2014) [#4]
I prefer the moto almost 360 to the Apple watch, Apple didn't really try any thing new did they, played it safe with another rectangle with rounded corners, it will sell like hot cakes as its Apple but its real lazy design and I don't care if its made of super space metal or not. And WTF was U2 about when were they last relevant? And no word on battery life which tells you all you need to know, will likely need a nightly charge as the moto does. rant done.

Why0Why(Posted 2014) [#5]
I was very underwhelmed with the watch. And the round icons all over the page? That is the most hideous, disorganized thing I have ever seen. I bought the first Galaxy Gear, it is ugly and geeky, but I love the functionality. I am definitely getting a 360. I tried to order one on launch day but they were sold out in less than an hour.

MikeHart(Posted 2014) [#6]
I will get both, cause I love the design and functionality. IOS over Android or WP any day.

degac(Posted 2014) [#7]
Well, AppleWatch is still a proto-type (I hope!). This time Apple has no *wow* effect (or Apple had to show this damned iWatch because market/customers wants to see it, not because they want. I red an article about IFA in Berlin where competitors awaits AppleWatch debuts to 'create the market for'.... ).
And - design side - I think it's horrible. (and moreover everyone needs a golden one, right??!?)
The touch/button/crown interaction seems a little mess... compared with a decade (almost) of 'touch' devices (ipod-iphone-ipad).

And about the *new* iphone 6/s... this means more 'space' for china-phone makers... they could - finally - put on market devices at higher prices :P