OMG, we released this in 1995?!

Monkey Archive Forums/Digital Discussion/OMG, we released this in 1995?!

Playniax(Posted 2014) [#1]
Wow, happened to find this on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB-cK5x3TBQ

Written 100% in assembler code on an Amiga 68000, those where the days.

slenkar(Posted 2014) [#2]
nice slick and polished game thar

TeaBoy(Posted 2014) [#3]
WOW Playniax, didn't realise you created this! Good stuff!

I enjoyed those days with my Amiga 500 Batman pack, then saving my arse off for the 1MB ram chip upgrade just so I could play Simpsons!!! :)

Any chance of releasing the source code? ;)

rIKmAN(Posted 2014) [#4]
Main character looks influenced by Walker, but nice twist with the platforming etc :)

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2014) [#5]
I think I played that game on my Amiga....

Supertino(Posted 2014) [#6]
@14mins a early flappybird concept. Always loved ASM made games always so smooth and silky. Far better than my Amos creations, damn I wish I kept all the disks and code I wrote back then,

I have always wondered what the world would be like if C= didn't screw over the Amiga and took it seriously.

Playniax(Posted 2014) [#7]
Thank you.

Yes, I do have the source codes, gfx, music and sfx as I do of most of my old stuff.

I browsed through the source code and it's a bit intimidating after all these years.

I will give it some thought to release the source code (not the assets).

I am tempted to port it to blitz or monkey though :)

TeaBoy(Posted 2014) [#8]
That would be fantastic if you port it to Monkey using your framework! Great advertising too!

That has to be a must???? :)

rIKmAN(Posted 2014) [#9]
I will give it some thought to release the source code (not the assets).

Is the main character the actual Walker sprite, or your own but just eerily similar?

consty(Posted 2014) [#10]
It's a complete game from start to finish, it has everything. Even for today's standards it can stand on it's own and be playable. The only difference is the quality of graphics, everything else in this recipe is already there. Good to know some old school developers, you guys were pioneers back in the days.

Playniax(Posted 2014) [#11]
Thanks! A port should not be to hard in monkey X / Ignition X.

I have the tilemap converted and the walker walking around in it already, just a matter of doing it :)

Is the main character the actual Walker sprite, or your own but just eerily similar?

It's our own ;)

Playniax(Posted 2014) [#12]
For people who are interested and want to make their eyes bleed here is the source code :)

http://playniax.com/download/Extrial_sources.zip

TeaBoy(Posted 2014) [#13]
YES! THANK YOU!!!!

Supertino(Posted 2014) [#14]
I wish I knew what all that meant :p - we truly are spoiled today with tools like Monkey.