Next Unreal Tournament

Monkey Archive Forums/Digital Discussion/Next Unreal Tournament

Raul(Posted 2014) [#1]
Next Unreal Tournament will be FREE (not F2P, just Free) and modable.

I don't think we will see the whole power of Unreal Engine in the game, but making it free is a big deal. I am waiting for a fast shooter game like this one.

TeaBoy(Posted 2014) [#2]
Can't wait for this!

Supertino(Posted 2014) [#3]
UT'99 got me into PC gaming back in the day (along with Starcraft), I played that single player demo I got on a Magazine cover CD to death. UT 2004 was OK but UT3 I thought was weak sauce. Here's hoping the next is more like UT'99

Why0Why(Posted 2014) [#4]
I used to have a LAN party every week back in the day and UT was one of our favorites.

Nobuyuki(Posted 2014) [#5]
I liked UT2k4's Onslaught mode the best. I really miss the whole massive teamplay thing with vehicles. Supertino's right, UT3 was weak as hell and got the formula wrong by consolizing it. Why are shock combos now a meatball? Because analog sticks can't hit the broad side of a barn! Why's it called the link cable if linking doesn't even work anymore? There were several other things wrong with it, like people blending into the background too much at far draw distances, but maybe that goes without saying now that UT is just a graphics showcase for the engine.