First programming of the day!

Monkey Archive Forums/Digital Discussion/First programming of the day!

slenkar(Posted 2014) [#1]
How do you get started programming on a new day?

I usually have to read a bunch of stuff online to get bored enough to start

therevills(Posted 2014) [#2]
I try to make a TODO list and start with the easiest item first to get me in the groove.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2014) [#3]
What I do is before I go to bed I get my A4 pad and write down a little list of the things I want to tackle the next day, then in the morning when I get up my pad is sitting waiting for me and I just jump right in at what ever is top of my list, I make a point of not putting much thought into it, I found that if I looked the list over to much I ended up spending ages thinking about what to do first and then that leads to endless procrastination, so yeah top of the list then GO!.

slenkar(Posted 2014) [#4]
Yes good ideas,

What music do you listen to while programming?
I just put my favourite guitar solo type songs on but Im thinking of maybe trying ambient

time-killer-games(Posted 2014) [#5]
Black gospel. That's my jam. Also I'm a very unorganized kind of person so every day I start off with something different. I have no schedule, I just take it as it goes. Some bad habits of mine aren't dying all that easily.

Danilo(Posted 2014) [#6]
Listen what your mind says, and you already know what to do next, if you are on a project currently.
I usually read the Forums (PureBasic, Monkey X) when drinking the first coffee and Coke Zero of the day, so this
gets me started already to switch to power mode. After 3rd coffee and 3 glasses of Zero, and finishing forum answers (warm-up),
I switch to remaining tasks on the todo list.

computercoder(Posted 2014) [#7]
Hmm. Interesting to hear what others do to get started each day :)

I've always grabbed a cup of hot cocoa, and just after the first sip, I'll take a look at my notes I left myself they day before. Usually I leave myself a one to two sentence-ish note letting me know what direction I was heading prior to calling it a day. I pick it right back up where I left off. Overall, I have a basic TODO list of things that need implementing. Usually that pans itself out according to how the development of whatever I am currently working on goes. If I find something that needs overhauling, then that hits the top of the list. Otherwise it just comes as the project matures. Project deadlines and milestones keep the entire project on task.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2014) [#8]
When it comes to music I do not have any specific genre that I listen to, I just like what I like and it could be anything from pop, rock, metal, dubstep etc.. there are a few genres that I simply will not listen to tho and I avoid them like the plague.

I often pop open this and Just code away I find it gets my in the mood real fast.
http://www.theoldcomputer.com/retro_radio/kohinasolanum.m3u - click the link, hit allow or run and enjoy :)
I used to have this in the background of a load of videos for YouTube but YouTube got a lot more annoying is even started to track these songs so I had to stop that :/

Pengwin(Posted 2014) [#9]
As far as music, it all depends on how I'm feeling when I get up, although it is usually something like Slayer, Metallica or Anthrax to help get my heart pumping.

As to my morning routine: check email, check social messages, quick run through the forums, and then just get on with it. Sometimes I will have left myself a note, but usually, I get on with whatever was keeping me awake the night before :-)