Could there be trouble brewing in Ouya land?

Monkey Archive Forums/Digital Discussion/Could there be trouble brewing in Ouya land?

dawlane(Posted 2014) [#1]
Found this article http://techcrunch.com/2014/01/15/ouya-founding-team-member-and-vp-of-product-development-departs/

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2014) [#2]
i read that too, my thought is that he may also be bored and wants to begin another startup. personally, i think the Ouya is doing much better with their game titles, but who knows how they're doing management-wise.

Goodlookinguy(Posted 2014) [#3]
The guy has a history of jumping from company-to-company helping build-up projects and then taking off not long afterwards. I wouldn't be surprised if he just thinks that it's time to jump again.

computercoder(Posted 2014) [#4]
It does seem like something stirred up at OUYA, but I think like AdamRedwoods on this. I think he either is bored or felt it was just his time to let someone else take the reigns and go do something else. A lot of people do this very thing.

I also agree that OUYA is doing far better with their game titles too. A lot has changed, some for the worse, but most are definitely better!

I guess only time will tell.

dawlane(Posted 2014) [#5]
Hackers welcome.
Have at it: It's easy to root (and rooting won't void your warranty). Everything opens with standard screws. Hardware hackers can create their own peripherals, and connect via USB or Bluetooth. You want our hardware design? Let us know. We might just give it to you. Surprise us!
This bit on kick starter should be considered miss leading. A real hardware hacker would want to get direct access without having to use USB or Bluetooth and from what images I have seen so far it's just not possible without a soldering iron and a very steady hand. May be they should have had a look at an XGameStation or a Raspberry PI first.

dawlane(Posted 2014) [#6]
Well eight months down the line and the developers are looking for a buy out.
http://recode.net/2014/09/02/android-game-console-maker-ouya-in-sale-talks-with-chinese-internet-giants-others/

Let's see what happens to Mad Catz M.O.J.O Micro-Console for Android

Landon(Posted 2014) [#7]
So MOJO plays OUYA games anyways do we need a specific target for that or?

xlsior(Posted 2014) [#8]
[quote[So MOJO plays OUYA games anyways do we need a specific target for that or?[/quote]

There is a target for it -- although the biggest difference between Ouya and generic android is the controller, other than that things are pretty similar.