New Jungle Ide Website

Monkey Archive Forums/Digital Discussion/New Jungle Ide Website

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#1]
Hi!

I've changed the JungleIde website design (and changed server, etc...) Just in case anyone wants to take a look to the site.

I'm quite happy with the result. It seems this is the year of the sites redesign...

http://www.jungleide.com

Xaron(Posted 2013) [#2]
Nice indeed! Well done!

Steve Ancell(Posted 2013) [#3]
Excellent! :D

Raul(Posted 2013) [#4]
so many new designs here :P

I like the new look. your older one was also pretty nice ;)

Shinkiro1(Posted 2013) [#5]
The font can sometimes barely be read. I know it looks elegant if you have a very thin font but it's no good if one can't read the text.
So you can increase the fontsize or increase the font weight. Possibly also crank up the contrast a bit, especially the light gray on white parts.
A possible solution for remaining the thin elegant look is not to use too hard colors. With that I mean instead of a pure white background use a very light grey. This will better blend a darker font with the background.

But the animations are really nice :)

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#6]
@Shinkiro: May I ask what browser are you using? Text rendering is very different from one browser to another, so I want to check it properly if I need to modify the fonts

MikeHart(Posted 2013) [#7]
Nice page but I think on your comparison page, with all the red X on TED, you went over board. I found several ones simply to be not true.

Anyway, here are the things I quickly found:

* Customizable TAB size - TED has that
* Monkey documentation shortcut - Press F1 and TED will show up the help topic
* Go to line - CTRL-G there you go
* Preview of graphic media files - Right Click on the name -Y> Display on desktop. It is a preview
* Source code formatting - Well, I think TED does that.
* Integrated html documentation generator - MakeDoc is one and it works.

These next features I would like to know about more. Can you please explain them to me?

* Automatic mem-leak computer blocking detection
* Parallel compilation
* Integrated automatic background compiler
* Context based highlighting of source code

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#8]
I will modify the comparison list. It's a bit old.
However:
* Automatic mem-leak computer blocking detection
Jungle Ide monitors running (debugged) apps in a way that if they manage to get more than 75% of RAM in the whole computer the whole process tree is killed before the computer stops responding. That's very handful when working with C++ targets.
* Parallel compilation
You can have several Apps on a single solution (project) and compile them all at the same time while pressing F5. That is like, compiling the game, the level editor, at the same time, or all the samples of a module that are in a single project at the same time.
* Integrated automatic background compiler
that's basically this:

Jungle Ide is compiling in the background (in the ram) so it detects bugs on source code while you code, so you do not need to compile all the time to trap errors.
Context based highlighting of source code
Jungle Ide highlights words depending on what they are at the given context. That is, if a word is a field, it has one "style". If the same word, somewhere else is a global, it will be shown differently.

Sample:

That's a very extreme example, but you can see how DrawText is differently highlighted when it is a Method or a Function, the same goes for MyValue, that can be a Constant but also a parameter name inside a function, etc...

Source code formatting - Well, I think TED does that.
I don't think so. It just case correct some keywords, but it does not format spacing between tokens and operators, braces, etc.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#9]
I actually get annoyed by how Jungle corrects my spacing , some times when I have a list of Consts for example and I want them number sequentially I like to space out my := so all the number are in the same column but jungle insists on removing the white space.

its not a major thing just something that bothers me.

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#10]
You can disable it!

Nobuyuki(Posted 2013) [#11]
SPEAKING OF, ziggy it might be cool if we could define some sort of keyboard shortcut to temporarily disable/enable autospacing for a line. Like say, an interrupt key+enter (alt/shift/ctrl/etc). Sometimes the parser gets it wrong and it's nice to "fix" it for the sake of clarity. (you used to be able to do this by scrolling off the line with the arrow keys, but not anymore)

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#12]
@Noboyuki: It's Ctrl+Z

therevills(Posted 2013) [#13]
Nice Design Ziggy :)

It must the season for new designs, as I am redesigning mine - although mine is really simple...

Shinkiro1(Posted 2013) [#14]
Tested it on OSX in Safari and Chrome:

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#15]
Thanks! I guess I'll have to use my Mac to fine tune the typo as it looks great on windows

Soap(Posted 2013) [#16]
The logo does not look good after it is scaled down.

Right before it loads all of the way:

After:

Pixel hinting would make it look better at the right size.

You should add an area to let people give you their e-mail address so that you can e-mail them directly. Have one for to join your list, and another which says "Want me to remind you to try Jungle IDE later? Enter your e-mail and I'll send you a few reminders periodically."

Thank you for making Jungle Ide!