New webpage

Monkey Archive Forums/Digital Discussion/New webpage

Raul(Posted 2013) [#1]
I like the look of the new site.
Still need to familiarize with it but it's ok. Nice job!

GW_(Posted 2013) [#2]
I like the new forums....but..
Too much empty space everywhere.
Changing of themes seems to be gone (I like the darker themes).
Can no longer see peoples posts by viewing their profile. >:-(

Wylaryzel(Posted 2013) [#3]
I like the design of the new webpage. And the color really nice for my eyes :-)
But as GW_ stated, the forum has a lot of empty spaces in the overview which means a lot of scrolling. Addtionally - I think it was mentioned already some times - the forum misses several features of other known open source solutions. With the new layout its even harder for me to find new posts:
-> in the old one layout I saw based on timestamp of the last post if there is something new on one page
-> for the new one the timestamp isn't jumping into my eyes as the difference between the font color and the background color isn't to strong and I have to scroll down to see all the forums. In addition the NEW stamp is even more prominent as in the past and I can't get rid of it..

Otherwise, for the product itself its very, very nice :-)

BR
Wyl

Why0Why(Posted 2013) [#4]
Awesome! I love the look, feel and new forums. This is what Monkey needs to go mainstream.

Gerry Quinn(Posted 2013) [#5]
TBH I liked the older more compact style. But I know I am in a minority.

One thing that is needed IMO is to allow PNG screenshots in app submissions. JPGs are very inappropriate where there are lots of flat coloured areas as in many games - they are either huge or have nasty artefacts.

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#6]
I really like the new site. And I love all the white space that lets everything "breath". It's clearer, nicer, better organized, much well explained, well done. You can feel the the touch of a professional and good website editor.

CGV(Posted 2013) [#7]
The all cap topic titles were a bad idea IMHO. All caps are harder to read.

GfK(Posted 2013) [#8]
What are the stars for??

I just clicked one next to the OP's name, and a little "1" appeared above it. Then I left the thread, came back, clicked it again, and it turned into a "2".

I'm assuming it's some sort of "Like" system, but I'm sure I shouldn't be able to get it to go to 2 by myself.

simonh(Posted 2013) [#9]
The number above the star automatically goes up by 1 when you click it, but the star may not always be counted - for example if you star yourself, star a post you've already starred, or if you star more than 5 posts in 24 hours. When you refresh the page you will see the star hasn't been counted in such cases.

spintop(Posted 2013) [#10]
Hi, several comments.

1. Too much empty space. It means too much scrolling for reading in this forum.
2. Please make a "Quote" button in each post for convenience.
3. The yellow square face icon on the browser tab is strange. Please replace it by a nice icon.
4. At first, I want to use "Which high quality commercial games are made with Monkey X?" but it is not possible. Please make the forum accept longer post title.
5. The name of this sub-forum is "Digital Discussion". Perhaps using the name "Off Topic" is more suitable.

Thanks.

Soap(Posted 2013) [#11]
Make the star thing into a button and add Thank text next to it? I tried to pick a better size and color for the links / username size too so that it's easier to read. If the styling / templates for the site were on Github I'd contribute to it.

http://pastebin.com/PNhRmXNJ

The Subscribe button should be ajax and not make the user submit to the page.

Arabia(Posted 2013) [#12]

2. Please make a "Quote" button in each post for convenience.

I 2nd this idea, and it would also be great that if we quote someone, it also shows the name of the person we've quoted and possibly a link to the post we quoted from.

Other than that, I like the new site :)

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2013) [#13]
Make the star thing into a button and add Thank text next to it? I tried to pick a better size and color for the links / username size too so that it's easier to read.

in my opinion, that's too big. i think it's fine the way it is now.