Nice Indie Podcast with Jake Birkett

Monkey Archive Forums/Digital Discussion/Nice Indie Podcast with Jake Birkett

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2013) [#1]
A good listen, Jake has lots to say and insightful opinions. Plugs for Blitzmax and Monkey!
http://infiniteammo.ca/blog/podcast-22-jake-birkett/

The funny part was the bit about writing an engine... but am i writing an engine or a framework for Monkey?

computercoder(Posted 2013) [#2]
Really cool to listen to the interview. I remember Jake starting out in BlitzMax and releasing his game framework. And I remember when he was working with BigFishGames. I often admire that he jumped straight into game programming like he did. I *still* want to jump, but like he said, its a hard decision to leave this nice stable income that business apps provide. I also have a family, and I am the sole bread winner.

I keep chugging away on my own stuff after work hours... I walk around the area around my work, thinking about how companies such as Commodore USA came about and just started doing business. Then I think about Jake a LOT... He has inspired me in many ways. I just can't seem to let go of the stability. One day when my company ticks me off enough I'll leave and do what I've always wanted to do - make fun games.