Another nice Android box: CuBox-i

Monkey Archive Forums/Digital Discussion/Another nice Android box: CuBox-i

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2013) [#1]
I like the options they give, looks promising:
http://cubox-i.com/

GfK(Posted 2013) [#2]
Can't help thinking we're going down the Sky/BSB, VHS/Betamax road again with all this stuff that keeps appearing. Most of it will die off as the customer base is spread too thinly.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#3]
I'm not so sure your example fit's mate, for a start the format is the same , Betamax and VHS were different formats, hence the incompatibility and the eventual victor.

With these micro consoles, or tiny pc's ? , there are no compatibility issues, their all using Android.

I do agree they are all in competition for the same userbase, in terms of hardware, but the software is the same, I think in the end it a few key devices will shine through for top specs, and a few mid and low spec systems will emerge as dominant in their respective brackets, just like the PC market but with these little consoles.

programmer(Posted 2013) [#4]
Wow, CPU is Freescale i.MX6.

computercoder(Posted 2013) [#5]
I think the initial consoles will fare well until there is a dominant console made that feels more like a console in power and ability. There is iConsole.tv coming that is proposed to complete with the major 3. How well it does who knows?

Currently, the OUYA has been moving forward and doing fairly well. Its still new and needs many software enhancements to make it decent. I think its hardware is acceptable. There is the GameStick, but its not even shipping yet.

Only time will tell. The consoles that give the best pricing, support and development options will come out on top.