Gravatar

Monkey Archive Forums/Digital Discussion/Gravatar

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#1]
Gravatar is a system for having a single centralized avatar thats used on a growing number of website systems and cms's

I was wondering if there was anything like that for forum signatures. anyone know ?

ElectricBoogaloo(Posted 2013) [#2]
Doubtful. Avatars are, for the most part, all 64x64 pixel png/jpg links, and gravitar simply provides hosting or generation of those images.
Sigs are much more complicated, being anything from simple text, to banners and more. Different forums have different banner rules, and BBCode can vary illy from site to site.
Your best bet is to upload a banner to your website, then try to stick to the same banner code for every site you visit.
.. Or be like me, and have 100,000 varieties, ranging from plain text, to decade old links to images that no longer exist on servers that are long since dead... Seems to work just fine!

zoqfotpik(Posted 2013) [#3]
Blast it! I was hoping you meant this:

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#4]
I think it's entirely doable, just like Gravatar, it would be a service or system that forum's would join.

Imagine if you will that you sign up to this Signature site, as part of your profile it might ask you to create a selection of signatures that cater to differing forum rules, one only text, one with images, one with images and links etc.

Any Forum that then uses the system would then simply pull the signature for the user based on the forum admins rules.

Just another one of those random idea's that I will probably never code lol