Game rating?

Monkey Archive Forums/Digital Discussion/Game rating?

SLotman(Posted 2013) [#1]
Have anyone here ever try to get your games rated?

I've been looking into it, but it is *very* confusing, to say the least. The only one so far which I actually found some info (to apply to get a login, nothing else!) was ESRB, and yet, they ask to send a lot of info to them on *snail mail*.

I've also tried PEGI, but couldn't even find where to apply... "Cero" has only forms in Japanese O_o

Isn't there an online service that rates games? Even better if it is a low cost or free one...

SLotman(Posted 2013) [#2]
Woo! I found this PEGI site, which was rather easy, and gave immediately a rating for my game :)

Raul(Posted 2013) [#3]
Game Rating... useless. I know u need this only for retail sales.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#4]
Yeah wondering why you might want or need an official rating, unless your game is a bit risky or aimed at the more adult gamer ?

Raul(Posted 2013) [#5]
and if you are selling through app market, play or windows store.. they are ranting your game anyway.

SLotman(Posted 2013) [#6]
I need it to be able to distribute the game here in Brazil. Microsoft (and apparently also Samsung) demands a official game rating.

The PEGI one was easy to get - but the one I actually needed, here from Brazil is a mess of forms, taxes and it takes more than a month to get. The "claim" the Brazilian government did a couple of months ago that both "PEGI" and "ESBR" would be accepted, is a lie - it's just accepted as a "indication" of what the brazilian rate would be.

Too bad, I can't sell my games here in Brazil (at least on Windows Phone and Samsung Store) due to this stupid rating system.

*nothing* to do with "risky" or "adult" games :P

Raul(Posted 2013) [#7]
just make good games and sell them on the market... USA, Canada, UK. these are the best markets ;)

SLotman(Posted 2013) [#8]
I know. But not being able to sell my games in my own country, sux :P