MS can kiss my ass...

Monkey Archive Forums/Digital Discussion/MS can kiss my ass...

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#1]
I think what has happened is perfectly clear, Sony sent in a replicant to take over the MS Xbox team leadership, whith their replicant in place they set about systematically picking the wrong features.

Job Done.

As a gamer, I will not be buying the new sorry, the SHITBOX ONE, as an Indie Developer MS can kiss my ass.

Mark I hope to god you have some PS4 honey in the works..

Why0Why(Posted 2013) [#2]
I have always been an MS fan boy, even though I bought a PS3 first because I wanted a blu ray player. MS is doing EVERYTHING wrong on this. Sony is actually seriously reaching out to developers and MS is doing the opposite. It makes no sense at all. It is opposite of what you would expect.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#3]
Yeah I don't get it at all.

Why0Why(Posted 2013) [#4]
Here is more news:

http://indiegames.com/2013/06/sony_announces_9_self-publishi.html

I would be interested to see if Mark supports the PS4. It would be awesome if he does.

Leon Brown(Posted 2013) [#5]
Microsoft aren't shooting themselves in the foot, they are shooting themselves in the head:

http://m.techradar.com/news/gaming/consoles/no-internet-for-xbox-one-microsoft-says-stop-whining-and-play-your-360-1158405

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#6]
this whole thing is like watching a train wreck in slow motion as it slams into a monastery full of nuns and a visiting daytrip of old people who move even slower and cant escape.

I can see some major layoffs coming in the near future for MS, and its all their own fault.

GfK(Posted 2013) [#7]
No internet? Stick with X360.

My mind is boggled.

Why0Why(Posted 2013) [#8]
Their response today? We expected this. I just can't believe what they are doing.

Leon Brown(Posted 2013) [#9]
No internet? Stick with X360 - or buy a PS4.

DruggedBunny(Posted 2013) [#10]
I wonder if, after all the negative feedback, it's occurred to them that consumers want something out of the deal too.

It's like they've been completely blinded by pure unbridled greed and still haven't got a clue what's wrong.

Why0Why(Posted 2013) [#11]
I'm not sure that it is greed. If it was, I think they would have a different policy :) I think they are trying to take control of the living room with the TV aspect and move things to the digital realm and get rid of physical media. Like what Steam has accomplished on the PC. When you look at the policies objectively, it isn't much different from Steam. I still don't get the checking in every 24 hours thing.

Sammy(Posted 2013) [#12]
They've been enviously looking at Apples captive market(and its preposterous profit margin) and desperately want one of there own, this their way they plan to get one, IMHO.

Grant(Posted 2013) [#13]
NO THANKS!!

I'll stick to playing old school arcade games on a mame setup with x-arcade dual sticks, breaking a sweat as you play ninja standing up with the controls.

Seriously, these couch potato super consoles with their immersive visual epics are just sedentary life suckers to me, you need to devote part of your life to the game to finish the game half the time. Maybe the game has adverts embedded to try and sell you extra shit as you play too, in a blatant attempt to milk you for every last penny they can. Extreme greed drives the industry these days, and we give these companies a way into our life. We invite in the money vampires who are a shower of suited boardroom twats with a knack for regurgitating the same shit in a different shell time after time.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#14]
Veggie Yeah I think they are with their windows 8 market, and to be honest I really hope they do, I hope their market really takes off, because it will not only be a good thing for the consumers with more choice, but it will be good for the developers as well giving them and us a place to buy and sell out games.

I just wish they didnt screw over their console the way they have to do it, I was sure before all this came out that we would get some cool cross platform news between the Xbone and the PC, it seemed like a logical move to me, but I think what they are really trying to do is lock the whole console thing down tight so its a closed community, gives them more control over what appears on it and what does not.

Better for them, but sucks for the gamer, and indies.

There is always time to change, but I doubt they will change anything in the first year they will leave it as it is to see how their current plan fares in sales, it's ultimately the consumer that will slap them in the face and make them wake up to their mistake or that will buy out all the stores and reassure them they have done the right thing, only time will tell.

Grant(Posted 2013) [#15]
Having had a good look around the up and coming console / handheld gaming market all night long, I have decided to ignore the Sony and Microsoft offerings in favour of nvidia's all together more open sheild handheld. Being able to tap into the power of GTX class accelerators on a PC from a handheld gaming device is what I call innovative.

zoqfotpik(Posted 2013) [#16]
MS corporate culture is becoming increasingly delusional, divorced from reality.

They have reversed many of their asinine initial decisions but this total debacle following Win8 does not look good.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#17]
I dont agree, while I agree their recent choices have been stupid and indicate that the current command have no clue about the current market, the very fact that they HAVE changed almost immediately in response to the public's concerns is a good thing and proves their not delusional.

A delusional ceo would have said Screw them were doing it our way, a smart one realize's the market has changed and adapts, and they are adapting to a new market.

So while I still have reservations about their Indie market plans this recent change is a really big and good step in the right direction, as I said before there is always time to change.

Why0Why(Posted 2013) [#18]
I am disappointed that the sharing with "family" feature is now gone. That was a big deal if you are close to others with the XBOX.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#19]
it just shows how sure they were that people would like their always on stuff, makes me wonder how long it will take them to really patch out and bring in those new features under this new policy set.

Sammy(Posted 2013) [#20]
Also whats the chances of that extra $100 getting dropped directly after release, ala just like all Nintendo hardware releases?

zoqfotpik(Posted 2013) [#21]
What kind of sick traitor would not want an MS surveillance device in his living room?