help finding a gamasutra post or blog.

Monkey Archive Forums/Digital Discussion/help finding a gamasutra post or blog.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#1]
ok, about a week ago I recall reading a really good article on AI, the developer was explaining how his AI works, the game reminded me a lot of Settlers, with more realistic graphics but for the life of me I cant recall what it was.

The AI system he built for it works on tasks, for example walking to x,y is a task, picking up something is another, and he builds complex chains of tasks to build complex behaviors.

Its a system id love to build but before I spend time bashing away at code i would really love to re-read his article.

any chance any of you happened to read it ? know what it is ?

Gerry Quinn(Posted 2013) [#2]
Was it Uncharted 2? That was the first result when I googled "gamasutra ai tasks walking picking"... Anyway you could look at what that gives, and maybe at least it will give you inspiration for similar searches.

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#3]
nah it was a game like The Settlers, city building type thing, damn it hate it when this happens I actually bookmarked the wrong page all this time I thought I had the link im my readme tab but epic failed it.

:( hope one of you read it as well otherwise I will need to wait until the game itself blips on my radar and ill be able to find the post via the games name.

Samah(Posted 2013) [#4]
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/130279/creating_all_humans_a_datadriven_.php?print=1

That it?

Paul - Taiphoz(Posted 2013) [#5]
sadly no, but that looks like a good read all the same. bookmarking it now.

i'v been looking some more today and still cant find it, think I might just have to give up :(