Can anyone lend a hand with some native English?

Monkey Archive Forums/Digital Discussion/Can anyone lend a hand with some native English?

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#1]
I need to ensure this text are correct:
Underweight.
Underweight might be secondary to or symptomatic of an underlying disease. Unexplained weight loss may require professional medical diagnosis.Underweight can also be a primary causative condition. Severely underweight individuals may have poor physical stamina and a weak immune system.
Normal weight
Congratullations. You have a healthy weight. You are in the recommended weight range for your height. But your health may still be at risk if you are not getting regular physical activity and practicing healthy eating.
Overweight
In your situation, it is advised to decrease your BMI with a healthy diet and regular physical activity. Being overweight can cause similar health problems to obesity, but to a lesser degree.
Obesity class I
Some excess of body fat has accumulated to the extent that it may have an adverse effect on health.
Obesity class II
A substantial excess of body fat has accumulated to the extent that it produces adverse health problems.
Obesity class III
A very big excess of body fat has accumulated to the extent that it has an adverse effect on health and reduces life expectancy. Medical care is highly recommended in this situation.

Thanks!

dave.h(Posted 2013) [#2]
This sounds wrong and wouldnt be said

A very big excess of body fat has accumulated

maybe something like

A large amount of excess body fat has accumulated

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#3]
Thanks! Anything else? Can't belive there are not more errors

Goodlookinguy(Posted 2013) [#4]
"Congratullations" should be "Congratulations."

The only other thing I noticed is what dave.h noticed.

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#5]
Thanks! i've just changed it

NoOdle(Posted 2013) [#6]
Underweight.
Underweight might be secondary to or symptomatic of an underlying disease. Unexplained weight loss may require a professional medical diagnosis. Underweight can also be a primary causative condition. Severely underweight individuals may have poor physical stamina and a weak immune system.

Normal weight
Congratulations. You have a healthy weight. You are in the recommended weight range for your height. However, your health may still be at risk if you are not getting regular physical activity and practicing healthy eating.

Obesity class I
Some excess body fat has accumulated, this may have an adverse effect on health.

Obesity class II
A substantial amount of excess body fat has accumulated, this can produce a range of adverse health problems.

Obesity class III
A large amount of excess body fat has accumulated, causing adverse effects to health and reducing life expectancy. Medical advice is highly recommended in this situation.

I made a couple of changes which may or may not improve the grammar, hopefully it can be of help.

ziggy(Posted 2013) [#7]
Thanks, I've got it now!

smilertoo(Posted 2013) [#8]
Does this take into account build? The BMI will class anyone who is muscular as overweight/obese.

Why0Why(Posted 2013) [#9]
I lifted weights for years and was pretty built. I am 6'1" and weighed 215 pounds. I went to the doctor for a checkup and he looked at his chart and said: you should be no more than 185. I was very lean and muscular and probably couldn't have made it to 210.

Now I am 230 and not muscular ;) Trying to work on that.