Why no installations of my app in the USA?

Monkey Archive Forums/Digital Discussion/Why no installations of my app in the USA?

Midimaster(Posted 2013) [#1]
Can please somebody from the US have a look on my GooglePlay page and on my app?

I wonder about google statistics of my new app. It is very sucessfull in germany, but nearly no downloads from the US. Is it a problem of design, translation or screenshots?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.midimaster.scoretrainer&feature=more_from_developer

thank you for any adwises...

Jesse(Posted 2013) [#2]
Everything looks fine from here. I don't know if you meant to write tutor instead of tudor. Other than that everything looks good. Wow, aproximately 5000 installs already! That's good. it will probably start picking up sooner or later in the US.

slenkar(Posted 2013) [#3]
The English isnt very good for the description so people will think the english in the app will suck too, so it wont be a good app

Description
Score-Trainer is a tudor for learning sight reading notes. Identify the note continuously appearing on the right side of the screen.Give your answer on the piano. The trainer adjusts the level of difficulty to your skills.

"Happy Easter" Sale:
This version is for free.But there is a full version with a specal offer today for only 1.90 EUR!

would be better as

Description
Score-Trainer is an app to teach you sight reading of music.
You identify the note that appears on the right side of the screen. Then you press the correct key on the piano. The trainer adjusts the level of difficulty to your skills.

"Happy Easter" Sale:
This version is for free.But there is a full version with a specal offer today for only 1.90 EUR!

Gerry Quinn(Posted 2013) [#4]
The 'tudor' is probably an issue as it is in a prominent place. People who are trying to learn something may be more sensitive to language, I would think - they will be afraid of in-game explanations that they can't understand. Whereas nobody would care if it was an arcade game.

Maybe pricing it in dollars would help too, but that has pros and cons.

Hmm, I just reloaded the page and I think you changed the information as I was typing. It looks good now!

Midimaster(Posted 2013) [#5]
Thanks for the adwises. A immediately changed all typos. The pricing is in EURO in USA? Oh, I din't know that. Its not very nice, that we cannot "simulate" how it the GooglePlay page is displayed in other countries...

Gerry Quinn(Posted 2013) [#6]
Maybe the basic price is in dollars, but your special offer is presumably in euro. Still, no cure for it.

I do tend to go with dollar prices myself because everyone is familiar with them.