new phone ordered

Monkey Archive Forums/Digital Discussion/new phone ordered

Supertino(Posted 2013) [#1]
Well just ordered myself a Galaxy S3 mini to replace my ageing HTC Desire (original) - was holding out for the Nexus 4 but we all know what a farce that has become.

I'll keep mt desire for testing as it's rather old now and runs almost nothing released in the last two years :p

GfK(Posted 2013) [#2]
Snap (almost)!

I just ordered a Galaxy S3 (not mini) to replace my LG Optimus P500.

Raz(Posted 2013) [#3]
Bless my HTC Desire, it was a right trooper. As was the G1 I had before it.

I do not miss the quite pathetic about of disk space you actually get (ignoring SD card) though.

Supertino(Posted 2013) [#4]
@raz oh yes the internal memory the HTC desire was awful, stopped me installing most things, was able to squeeze Jellybean on it though with about 20MB free =D

GfK(Posted 2013) [#5]
Just got my S3! I'd got a sim-free one cos it was £30 cheaper that way, and didn't realise it needed a MicroSIM. So, after some tentative butchering of my old SIM with a pair of scissors, I'm very impressed. Super fast, gorgeous screen and cool features like Svoice, it understands my Barnsley accent very well.

I don't normally get excited by mobile phones, i find them a bit 'meh!', but this is great. And I think it just upgraded itself to jellybean!

therevills(Posted 2013) [#6]
I've still got my LG Optimus P500... great for testing :P

GfK(Posted 2013) [#7]
Aye I'll still keep mine, just for spare, though. My biggest gripe with it is that the screen is too small for me (it was the first touchscreen I ever got, so at the time it seemed huge). It's also very unresponsive when texting as the predictive text tries to figure out what word you want (it hangs for a second, then catches up and sometimes misses letters).

The other thing is, every time I try to upgrade the firmware it tells me nothing is available, even though they released a 2.3 upgrade for it allegedly. So in the meantime it seems it'll be stuck with Froyo forever.

therevills(Posted 2013) [#8]
even though they released a 2.3 upgrade for it allegedly. So in the meantime it seems it'll be stuck with Froyo forever.

That is strange, I updated to GingerBread as soon as it was available.

smilertoo(Posted 2013) [#9]
I've still never owned an android; i just got a lumia920.