GameStick : Portable TV Game Console

Monkey Archive Forums/Digital Discussion/GameStick : Portable TV Game Console

Neuro(Posted 2013) [#1]
So speaking of Ouya, how about this neat little Android-based (of course) game console called Game Stick : http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/872297630/gamestick-the-most-portable-tv-games-console-ever

Waldo Reed(Posted 2013) [#2]
Although they did not suggest it, I like the stick is modular so it can be plugged into different controllers: gamepad, wheel, flight stick, etc..

No way it can play the biggest games out there as said by the CEO. The Guitar Hero co-creator was closer to the truth.

Next generation consoles should be much smaller when companies follow Apple and do away with the dvd/blue-ray drive. As well as seperating out the power supply and sending it to the power cord.

muddy_shoes(Posted 2013) [#3]
I like the stick is modular so it can be plugged into different controllers: gamepad, wheel, flight stick, etc..

The stick doesn't plug into the controller. The controller just has a storage slot for carrying it around as a single unit. The stick plugs into the TV HDMI port.

This thing is even less powerful than the Ouya. It's a chipset meant for 7" tablet displays, not 1080p TV gaming.

garyk1968(Posted 2013) [#4]
Its portability is awesome though!

I backed this on KS (although still waiting for my unit).