Ludum Dare #25

Monkey Archive Forums/Digital Discussion/Ludum Dare #25

devolonter(Posted 2012) [#1]
Ludum Dare #25 will be held this weekend. Our team have taken part in Warmup Weekend as well! Here is our small game, created in 36 hours — view entry

What tools we’ll be using this time:
— Graphics & Animation: Inkscape, GIMP, Anime Studio Pro 9
— Sounds & Music: Guitar Pro, sfxr, Garage Band, Audacity
— Framework: Flixel for Monkey

Does anyone will participate in Ludum Date #25?

benmc(Posted 2012) [#2]
I got 4340! Not bad.... maybe. Good work.

This is the 6th Ludum Dare in a row that has landed on the most inconvenient time for me. I'm starting to think there's no such thing as a convenient time.

So are you guys doing the Jam then?

Why0Why(Posted 2012) [#3]
Very fun! 4570 on my second try.

devolonter(Posted 2012) [#4]
Thanks!

@benmc Yes, we'll participate in Jam. And I'm totally agree with you about convenient time. It seems that such time does not exists at all)

therevills(Posted 2012) [#5]
Great mini-game! I got 7850, then my OutLook reminder popped up :(

I like how the screen starts to shake too.

Neuro(Posted 2012) [#6]
5640 due to my poor space bar reflexes...

devolonter(Posted 2012) [#7]
@therevills amazing result! My max result is only 6950)
@Neuro not bad!

Thanks for playing!

therevills(Posted 2012) [#8]
@therevills amazing result! My max result is only 6950)

Maybe I was cheating... I was using the mouse button instead of the space-bar :P

Shinkiro1(Posted 2012) [#9]
Cool little game.
Just wanted to let you know that the html5 version stutters every few seconds, the flash version works fine though.

TeaBoy(Posted 2012) [#10]
awwwww, 5210 (html5 version) on second try, very fun game!

devolonter(Posted 2012) [#11]
@therevills Nice find! ;) Perhaps it's easier to use click instead of spacebar, but it is not a cheat - it's a flawless victory)

@Shinkiro1 I tested it only in Chrome and the game works fine there. But I've just checked it in other browsers and yes, there are some stutters. Thanks for report!

@TeaBoy Thank you!

benmc(Posted 2012) [#12]
I submitted my LD48 entry for the Jam, no compo.

What do you think?

http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-25/?action=preview&uid=8142

Why0Why(Posted 2012) [#13]
That was neat!

Raz(Posted 2012) [#14]
Will give yours a go at lunch time Ben :)

I've wanted to enter LD48 loads of times but never managed it, until this one.

http://chrismingay.co.uk/ymlz/

It's not finished, there are other bits I'd like to add, it needs a bit more balancing and explaination, but it's still a game, kind of!

It's around 8mb (because of music) so you may get a white screen for a bit.

Ferdi(Posted 2012) [#15]
@devolonter my score is 4970.

@benmc my best score is 66. I am never really good at tank control.

@raz I am not sure how to play your game. I as moving around the map using wasd, and pressing space, but I was not sure what was happening.

My LD48 entry:

http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-25/?action=preview&uid=344

At first I thought it was a good idea to reverse geometry wars. But now after it is finished, not such a good idea. It becomes like those flash game where you summon warriors at the front and the arrows behind it.

I believe all this game jam is to experiment with game ideas so that you find a new game mechanics ... I better get back to playing other ppl games.

benmc(Posted 2012) [#16]
@raz the graphics look cool, but it just froze on me when I got into the game, wasn't sure what to do.

@Ferdi - Unfortunately, I couldn't quite figure out how to play your game.

Goodlookinguy(Posted 2012) [#17]
I just put in my game for the jam and now I'm headed for bed 'cause I've had somewhere in the 10-12 hours of sleep range over the last 3 days.

http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-25/?action=preview&uid=7683

Frameworks: Mojo + Proprietary
Extra Libraries: AutoFit, FontMachine

Ferdi(Posted 2012) [#18]
@Goodlookingguy - My score is 16550

@benmc - yes, I was afraid of that. Tutorial: get into the game screen, and press and hold the number "3". You will get 10 - 11 kills.

benmc(Posted 2012) [#19]
@Ferdi - ahh, ok, I see now :)

@Goodlookingguy - I like the game, very chaotic. Only problem was that I was frantically pressing space to shoot and when I died, apparently pressing space went back to the title screen and I never saw what my final score was :( Next time I'll have to be watching up top.

Goodlookinguy(Posted 2012) [#20]
@benmc - I made it so that pressing space from the losing time to a second later, does nothing. I think that alleviates that problem.

Also fixed a sprite and a rare crash bug.

devolonter(Posted 2012) [#21]
@benmc very sweet and a nice relaxing game. Good work!

@Goodlookinguy good music and graphics. A little hard for me, but I'm not a very good gamer.

@raz great retro graphics and sound. Unfortunately, I could not try an actual gameplay because when I go to gameplay screen the game starts to stutter (

Our entry: http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-25/?action=preview&uid=7227

Raz(Posted 2012) [#22]
Just for fun, I am fixing it up over the next couple of weeks so I will hopefully fix freezes and explain what's going on as well :)

benmc(Posted 2012) [#23]
@devolonter Very nice. Hard to figure out how to do things, but nice graphics, music, etc.

@Goodlookingguy Awesome, I'll have to try it again :)