Get your WP Dev Account for $8

Monkey Archive Forums/Digital Discussion/Get your WP Dev Account for $8

dopeyrulz(Posted 2012) [#1]
If you interested in developing for Windows Phone, you currently pay $99USD per year to do this. Microsoft are offering over the next 8 days registration for just $8:
http://blogs.windows.com/windows_phone/b/wpdev/archive/2012/10/30/announcing-the-new-windows-phone-8-developer-platform.aspx

Note: they will charge your the full $99 initially, but you will be refunded within 30-45 days. Plus I'm not sure when this will start? may want to wait a couple of days or check the dev site: http://dev.windowsphone.com

Now Mark, about that new WP8 c++ based module...

MikeHart(Posted 2012) [#2]
Thanks for the heads up.

Xaron(Posted 2012) [#3]
Thanks for that hint. I just looked and it seems my Win 7 apps are all there. :)

silentshark(Posted 2012) [#4]
Now.. that's more like it. I didn't fancy paying another $99 "tax".

Xaron(Posted 2012) [#5]
I don't pay anything at all, I still have a student ID card. LOL

outsider(Posted 2012) [#6]
Nice, but does it work with the Monkey? (noob)

Xaron(Posted 2012) [#7]
Not yet, but Mark is onto this. He said that he just has to wait for the SDK to arrive to see if all is working with his new metro target.

outsider(Posted 2012) [#8]
Ok, thanks :)

Why0Why(Posted 2012) [#9]
I just joined and loaded the SDK on my laptop last night. Probably won't get anything done but for $8, what have I got to lose :)

Now, if AT&T would release the pricing and preorder for my 920, we would be in business! Very frustrating to see the phone being released worldwide and still no info in the US at all.

dopeyrulz(Posted 2012) [#10]
@why0why,

We gotta wait here in Australia for the end of November for our Lumia launch - can't wait to see how good the 920 is going to be. Going to get a yellow one!

Rushino(Posted 2012) [#11]
Wish i had a Windows phone too. :)

Why0Why(Posted 2012) [#12]
I am now hearing November 11th here. I have always had rather boring phones, all iphones until very recently but I think I am going to go bold and get a red one!