ShiVa 3d

Monkey Archive Forums/Digital Discussion/ShiVa 3d

Xaron(Posted 2012) [#1]
Hi all,

does anyone use the Shiva engine? I just had a look and really like it for 3d stuff. Plus it's much more cheaper than Unity.

MikeHart(Posted 2012) [#2]
Personally I don't use it but a very good friend of mine has now released a lot of games with it. He told me recently that is is concerned about the future development of Shiva. that it is either to slow or will stop, at least that is what I understand. Study the forum there to get a direction of what is going on.

NoOdle(Posted 2012) [#3]
http://www.shivaengine.com/developer/2290-the-shiva-2012-13-roadmap

Xaron(Posted 2012) [#4]
I bought it with that discount ($200 instead of $400) and start to really like it.

c.k.(Posted 2012) [#5]
I would be using Shiva if I could afford it and I had the time to learn it... :-) Maybe someday, after I've made my millions with monkey apps... :-)

DGuy(Posted 2012) [#6]
Tried Shiva a couple years ago, but never got comfortable with the way scripts had to be divided up across different "AI" resources and the way in which those resources interacted with each other (ex. One AI calling a function in another AI).

Kinda' quirky interface which takes a little while to get used to, but nice tool otherwise.