Single player or multi player

Monkey Archive Forums/Digital Discussion/Single player or multi player

Xaron(Posted 2012) [#1]
Hi all,

I'm curious what kind of games you prefer. Is it generally single player or multi player games? I know this depends on the genre though...

dave.h(Posted 2012) [#2]
On phones and tablets single player but on pc multi player but they would be rts games or left 4dead type games

MaxPower(Posted 2012) [#3]
People want something simple to play on there way to work or coming home from work.Which is a mobile phone ,which should be single player.If people want multiplayer and they are using a mobile phone or tablet,they have to much time on there hands.For multiplayer it has to be console or pc.

Xaron(Posted 2012) [#4]
Hmm... interesting views. I'm a big fan of multiplayer... Hmm...

NoOdle(Posted 2012) [#5]
Im with you on this one Xaron, if the game would benefit from multiplayer I don't think it matters what device you use.

Neuro(Posted 2012) [#6]
In general, I prefer single player games (PC, console, mobile). However games like Halo, Call of Duty - after beating the single player campaign of course - is definitely all about multiplayer.

For the mobile platform, games like SF4 Volt (or any of capcom games), or the NOVA series are great real time synchronous multiplayer. But basically anything by Uken games are entirely asynchronous mulitplayer. I enjoy playing both of them.