12 minutes to the new iPhone

Monkey Archive Forums/Digital Discussion/12 minutes to the new iPhone

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2012) [#1]
I'm really looking forward to the new iPhone.

Xaron(Posted 2012) [#2]
And it's like expected. 4" display...

benmc(Posted 2012) [#3]
Letter-boxed for apps that aren't optimized for the screen size.

My games scale by device width and height, so I'm a bit concerned they will look pretty awful.

I hope it's actually based on a new directive in XCode where you have to set it to specifically go full screen on iPhone 5, otherwise it assumes it was made for an earlier iPhone and it letter-boxes it until updated.

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2012) [#4]
I so am going to get the new iPhone 5, can't wait.

benmc(Posted 2012) [#5]
Really? Just because it's taller? I didn't see what else was added that could justify another $200-$500 on a phone.

I'm more excited about the iPhone 4 for free with a contract, or the 4s for $99 with a contract.

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2012) [#6]
Yes I like the bigger screen. My iPhone 4S is very fast and the new one is even faster.
I also like the new design very much.

benmc(Posted 2012) [#7]
Sometimes I wonder if I just don't realize how slow my 3GS is, but the price tags on these things can be a hard pill to swallow - especially when I have my eye on a Windows phone for development purposes.

Neuro(Posted 2012) [#8]
I played around with my brother inlaw's iPhone 3GS and its surprisingly fairly swift, well at least compared to the 3G.

wiebow(Posted 2012) [#9]
Maybe that's why they added the 'S' and asked $600 for it. Again.

Xaron(Posted 2012) [#10]
Actually I'm more pleased by the new Nokia Lumia phones with Windows 8. Surprisingly...

Neuro(Posted 2012) [#11]
Maybe that's why they added the 'S' and asked $600 for it. Again.

Well considering he got it for free to upgrade from his Motorola Atrix, i'd say its a good deal.

Why0Why(Posted 2012) [#12]
I just ditched my iPhone 4S for a Galaxy Note and $50. I have had iphones for the last 5 years, always buying the new one as soon as it came out. My response to the new iphone is blah. A slightly bigger screen and a little faster. Almost no improvement. Now the Nokia 920, I will be on that as soon as it comes out. It looks like what apple should have done. City Lens, free music streaming through Nokia a 4.5" screen and hardware image stabilization? Apple didn't put one new feature in the iphone that matches any of that. And that is the shortlist. Not to mention wireless charging and a gorgeous design. I will be first in line at the end of October.

dopeyrulz(Posted 2012) [#13]
Lumia 920 is going to be a beast!

NoOdle(Posted 2012) [#14]
a very heavy beast!