Nexus 7

Monkey Archive Forums/Digital Discussion/Nexus 7

Supertino(Posted 2012) [#1]
Nice specs and price, been waiting for the google tablet before I bought an android tablet, just one issue for me no HDMI out and no sign that is support MHL. Cloud storage is all the rage today so the lack of SD is not huge issue.

Google you almost made the perfect tablet... damn you! :p

Supertino(Posted 2012) [#2]
bah screw it, bought it anyway :p

There are some people saying it does support MHL, others mostly say they don't know. Leap of faith.

slenkar(Posted 2012) [#3]
id rather have a netbook

what advantages do tablets offer

silentshark(Posted 2012) [#4]
Good price point (in the UK) - £159. Looks a bit like some of those Samsung Galaxy 7" tablets which were going for, what?, £350+ not so long ago?

Now if they did one of these things for under £200 with a 9 or 10 inch screen, that's be interesting. Would it make a dent in ipad sales?

Supertino(Posted 2012) [#5]
I don't think it's designed to compete with the IPAD, for a start it's more than half the price of an IPAD3.

I used to have a playbook but sold it soon after not because of the size but lack of apps and other stuff, but I much prefer the 7" to to 9". The Nexus 7 ofc has 100,000's of apps to draw from, the resolution is higher and overall it's a more complete device and for £160 a good tablet to buy for android tablet developement.

Now I hope with this google will open a tablet section on the store cus I am only interested in development for tablets.

Oh and it's been confirmed there is no HDMI out or MHL support I guess google will add that in the next iteration along with SD support too I guess.