Diablo 3

Monkey Archive Forums/Digital Discussion/Diablo 3

Samah(Posted 2012) [#1]

\o/ :D

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2012) [#2]
that's what i get for being a time zone behind!

MikeHart(Posted 2012) [#3]
My wife and my son are downloading the latest version atm. They are so pissed that it takes that long. I am having a blast hearing them bitching. :-) And when I come home tonight, everything is already downloaded :-)

JIM(Posted 2012) [#4]
Mine will arrive in 4 hours-ish. Can't wait to take out the art book :)

Funny story: 2 of my workmates ordered a day before me from the same shop. They got called telling them that thy're out of stock and it will take another week to restock :)) I cannot describe my grin right now :D

EDIT: Battletag: jim#2899

Xaron(Posted 2012) [#5]
Count me in! :D

My BattleTag is: Xaron#2597

MikeHart(Posted 2012) [#6]
Just a hint, if DB3 tells you that your login details might be incorrect, make sure you connect to the right server. At first that happen to us, but then we switched from North America to Europe and things went well. Btw, we got it through that Year pass of WorldofWarcraft. So basically for free.

wiebow(Posted 2012) [#7]
-

NoOdle(Posted 2012) [#8]
Btw, we got it through that Year pass of WorldofWarcraft. So basically for free.

Yes, free... of course... erm I think Blizzard win on this occasion ;)

[edit] Unless you intended to play Wow for another year anyway...I probably would have done if they hadn't made it ridiculously easy & luckily I got out while I still had some personality and life left to salvage, evil game :P

zoqfotpik(Posted 2012) [#9]
What a pile of poo this game turned out to be. What a terrible monetization decision. The number of live games has dropped from 30,000 at a time to around 500-1000 at a time and this is a triple A title that cost them a gigantic amount of money to make.

Soap(Posted 2012) [#10]
Private games are not counted in those stats. Many people are playing on their own or with friends. I never play in public games.

I think the game is fun. I've progressed up to Inferno act two so far, and farming to make progression to the next acts more possible.

I've sold a bunch of stuff on the AH. And use it to buy some low level gear for new characters.

It is amusing reading people complain and threaten to quit over details which arguably would make the game more fun to the majority of the people.

The RMAH was necessary. Without it there would be more scamming. It's unfortunate that apparently what is in the AH has some influence on what can drop, but at the same time I'm not the person to care. It's only a game.

Why0Why(Posted 2012) [#11]
I enjoyed it for about a month. I played all of the characters and went through twice with my barb and once with my wizard. I have gotten bored with it now though.

Supertino(Posted 2012) [#12]
I got a little over 80 hours of game play out of it, but yeah it's probably done for me, Inferno was a little too much of a difficulty jump, I know the idea is to farm items from the previous levels but bah I don't have the time or desire. Worth the $50 though haters be damned.

Why0Why(Posted 2012) [#13]
I'm with you Supertino. I am not interested in farming. It was fun, I enjoyed it, might hop it every once in awhile but time to move on. Worth the money, IMHO.

zoqfotpik(Posted 2012) [#14]
Part of the problem is that it isn't 2000 anymore. That said, Diablo I and II had a certain magic that III just doesn't. It could be the fact that the entire dev team from the first two games left a long time ago. Many of them ended up making Torchlight. That game was much closer to the spirit of the original Diablo games than D3.

One huge aspect of the first two games was skill in the fighting. That doesn't seem to be there at all in the third. It's just a loot pinata game.