Make games on your iPad

Monkey Archive Forums/Digital Discussion/Make games on your iPad

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2012) [#1]
I just found this website with an App that lets you create games directly on your iPad.

** Clicky **

Beaker(Posted 2012) [#2]
I've been following this since early days. It's nice, particularly for quick prototypes when you are out and about, but I much prefer monkey.

Neuro(Posted 2012) [#3]
I have this but haven't done much with it yet. Speaking of Codea, this game "Cargo-Bot" was written using Codea : http://twolivesleft.com/CargoBot/

Qcat(Posted 2012) [#4]
Looks interesting. might get a copy when i am away from a computer for a while again.

Update: looks like there is not currently a way to inport yore own sprites. but you can with hacks but it takes a lot of the fun away, :(

BigAnd(Posted 2012) [#5]
They are looking at graphics importing in the next release which should make it easier. It is pretty easy to put your own graphics in though using iExplore. Just a case of dragging a directory into the right folder within the app. You don't have to have a jailbroken iPad either. I am using Codea for an excuse to learn Lua and its going great so far :)

rebelas(Posted 2012) [#6]
I have it! It is interesting, but just went through examples. Is it possible to sell games using this software?

Why0Why(Posted 2012) [#7]
Before I used Monkey, I used Corona SDK for awhile and it got me learning LUA. I really like the language. If I ever use scripting in Monkey I will use LUA.