My HTML5 Game - Tesseract Hyper Gunner

Monkey Archive Forums/Digital Discussion/My HTML5 Game - Tesseract Hyper Gunner

Neuro(Posted 2012) [#1]
Hey guys, me and some buddies just finished putting together an HTML5 game that we're planning on porting to monkey - a superior version obviously :). Check it out and let me know what you guys think!

BTW, i recommend you use Google Chrome to play this for best performance. And if you have a powerful rig, try the full screen and hit F-11 for the full screen experience :)!

Standard version (800x600) - for most system setups
Full Screen Version - for those of you with more powerful setups

Controls :
To Aim - use mouse
Move Left - A key
Move Right - D key
Jump - Right mouse button or space bar
Shoot - Left mouse button
Change Weapons - E key
Toggle FPS - 5 key

Have fun, hopefully its not too hard :)!

Foppy(Posted 2012) [#2]
I think it is quite good! Nice auto-fire shooting action.

I would make the target easier to move, it seems to be slowed down (or its movement smoothed out) a bit? A direct mapping from mouse location to target location could make aiming easier and faster.

Another thing is the jumping; if you press right mouse button quickly, it would be cool if that makes for a small jump, and pressing it longer gives a bigger jump, so you can aim your jumps better.

Aman(Posted 2012) [#3]
It looks great but you need to give the player time to spawn. I half of the times I die because I get spawned on top of an enemy.

Neuro(Posted 2012) [#4]
Hey thanks for the feedback :)!

I would make the target easier to move, it seems to be slowed down (or its movement smoothed out) a bit? A direct mapping from mouse location to target location could make aiming easier and faster.

Hmm...was the target really lagging on your end? I may be able to speed this up a bit.

Another thing is the jumping; if you press right mouse button quickly, it would be cool if that makes for a small jump, and pressing it longer gives a bigger jump, so you can aim your jumps better.

Yes i agree!! I did initially wanted for this functionality regarding the jumping. Gonna work a bit more on that too :).

It looks great but you need to give the player time to spawn. I half of the times I die because I get spawned on top of an enemy.

Sorry about that, i'll increase the spawn/invulnerability time a couple more seconds or so :).