Amazon App Store More Lucrative Apparently

Monkey Archive Forums/Digital Discussion/Amazon App Store More Lucrative Apparently

c.k.(Posted 2012) [#1]
"Android app developers looking to make bank might just want to get their apps in Amazon's AppStore, rather than focusing solely on Google's Android Market."

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2400499,00.asp

matt(Posted 2012) [#2]
I'll try that.

I've found that a reasonable percentage of my buyers through the Android Market buy the app, try it and then cancel the transaction to get a refund. I'd be surprised if they hadn't found some way to keep & crack the binary.

Aman(Posted 2012) [#3]
In my case, I have 2 games in both markets:

# of installs for the 1st game in 3 weeks:
Amazon: 2643
Android Market: 355

# of installs for the 2nd game in 2 weeks:
Amazon: 514
Android Market: 81

matt(Posted 2012) [#4]
Wow, quite a difference!

Xaron(Posted 2012) [#5]
Interesting. Unfortunately it's still not available for non US/UK developers...

matt(Posted 2012) [#6]
I'm UK based and I uploaded my app yesterday, it's currently in review. The sign up let me chose UK as my location.

You may mean that apps are currently only purchasable in the USA (which is indeed the case).

Xaron(Posted 2012) [#7]
No, I said it's not available for non UK and non US developers. I'm from Germany and Apple has the rights to use "Appstore" here so Amazon's store is not available here, nor for developers nor for customers.

matt(Posted 2012) [#8]
Sorry, your text is not clear. As you were.

Xaron(Posted 2012) [#9]
LOL you're right. Sometimes my messages are a bit strange. Sorry for that. :)

Aman(Posted 2012) [#10]
I am in US as an international student and they said it's fine as long as you still have your US bank account and info. I used Paypal as my bank.

Xaron(Posted 2012) [#11]
Hmm... how did you use Paypal as your bank? I mean Amazon asks for stuff like Bank Routing Number, Bank Account Number and so on?

matt(Posted 2012) [#12]
How long did you have to wait for app review approval?

Aman(Posted 2012) [#13]
Sorry, I didn't use paypal on Amazon. That was RIM's appworld that used my paypal information.

It didn't take long. I think it took about three days. It takes longer time to approve an app or even an update though. My last update took a week before it went live.