Im really waiting for 3D in monkey!

Monkey Archive Forums/Digital Discussion/Im really waiting for 3D in monkey!

hardcoal(Posted 2011) [#1]
Hope to see it soon and also some physics!!
like monkade

Pete Carter(Posted 2011) [#2]
3d will be really hard maybe impossible to work with all targets so i wouldn't hold your breath. As from what i can gather mark is only adding stuff he can get to work on all the targets

FlameDuck(Posted 2011) [#3]
Why? Monkey has a very limited IDE, practically no documentation of existing features and no useful debugger. Why would you want something new, before the existing shortcomings are addressed?

skid(Posted 2011) [#4]
+1 for 3D, molehill FTW.

therevills(Posted 2011) [#5]
Isn't Edzup working on a 3D module (Tomestone)?

http://www.monkeycoder.co.nz/Community/modules.php

tombstone Simple 2d/3d engine for Mojo Edzup Proprietary Homepage

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2011) [#6]
with effort, and not extreme effort but moderate, miniB3D can be ported over since there's already a Java version and iPhone version out. A GLFW version could be made without too much pain.

The big pain would be OpenGL to DirectX for xna targets, then GLWeb for HTML5, and finally Molehill (or Papervision/Sandy/Away) for Flash.

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2011) [#7]
Looks like the fine people at OpenB3D have created a cpp version already, so therefore, there's nothing stopping miniB3D from being ported.

Guess I'll get started on it!

xzess(Posted 2011) [#8]
that would be pretty awesome from you!

EdzUp(Posted 2011) [#9]
Tombstone is making very slow progress atm as I have loads of other real life issues that are soaking up me time. Its a 'done when its done' thing at the moment.

Samah(Posted 2011) [#10]
Its a 'done when its done' thing at the moment.

So like Duke Nukem Forever then? ;)
Oh wait... we can't make that joke anymore... orz

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2011) [#11]
Aren't we all! Actually, I've been trying to force miniB3D (openB3D, iMiniB3d, aMiniB3d) to work with monkey, but I'm getting nowhere fast.

I'm going to change my tactics and try and expose opengl 3d commands to monkey, extend the graphics device base to implement 3d perspective, and see what happens from there.

AdamRedwoods(Posted 2011) [#12]
opengl
http://www.monkeycoder.co.nz/Community/posts.php?topic=1810