Hello to all and the Asus transformer.

Monkey Archive Forums/Digital Discussion/Hello to all and the Asus transformer.

Pete Carter(Posted 2011) [#1]
Hello to all, I've just got monkey pro and a asus eeepad transformer to try it out on. I just wanted to say if any one is thinking about getting a tablet I would recommend the transformer its blown me away. Screen is great, not quite as good as the new samsung but close, plus it has a microsd slot and a nice keyboard dock that the samsung doesn't. android 3.2 is fantastic too. Asus are one of the best companies for firmware updates too. Just thought id share about a good bit of kit for a change. normally id be moaning about how poor something was.

wiebow(Posted 2011) [#2]
Here is mine: https://plus.google.com/102717020783560043459/posts/8JgCsYbsMxD

I agree, awesome piece of kit. =]

xlsior(Posted 2011) [#3]
Haven't seen it in person yet, but they sure look nice.

Pete Carter(Posted 2011) [#4]
Wiebo how have you found the transformer for file transfer i haven't got it working by usb on my windows xp system yet the drivers seam a bit flakey. Works fine on my macbook after getting the andriod transfer app from the andriod developer site. Of coarse i can use wifi to transfer but its dead slow. Haven't tried a monkey app yet as this basic file transfer issue is bugging me.

wiebow(Posted 2011) [#5]
I installed the drivers which come with the Kies application, and all is well over here. I am using Windows 7 though.

Pete Carter(Posted 2011) [#6]
The transformers doesn't like talking to an xp machine something to do with the standard it uses for data file transfer not being supported for xp. The strange thing is you can send music and pictures just fine using the asus sync program.