G+ invites

Monkey Archive Forums/Digital Discussion/G+ invites

skid(Posted 2011) [#1]
Google+ is a new social media system. You create circles and add people. I made a circle called Strangers and added Linus Torvalds (guy who wrote linux), he has just finished kernel #3 (well done Linus!) and posted magical photo of Hawaii where he is currently snorkeling.

To be honest, I feel uncomfortable stalking other people. especially famous ones where you are in the company of thousands of other voyeurs....

It is also a complete sausage fest, facebook was designed for the girls where Google's native population I think are the geek boy coder types. If I can post png screenshots without them being smeared with jpeg and edit my posts I'm good.

If anyone wants an invite email me.

<edit>

Yuck, large images get converted to 400x400 automatically.

marksibly(Posted 2011) [#2]
Hi,

> To be honest, I feel uncomfortable stalking other people. especially famous ones where you are in the company of thousands of other voyeurs....

You can only see his 'public' posts though - ie: you can only see posts he doesn't mind everyone seeing in the first place.

> facebook was designed for the girls

Well, in a sense I guess - going by the movie anyway!

I prefer G+ - the conversations seem far more relevant/specialized, so yeah, it probably does suit 'geeks' like me more. But I think the better comparison is with twitter anyway, with it's more broadcast oriented approach.

> Yuck, large images get converted to 400x400 automatically.

Images should zoom when you click on them though?

wiebow(Posted 2011) [#3]
I like G+ as well, and the control you have about what to share with whom is a lot better than the spammy Facebook method!

Aman(Posted 2011) [#4]
I wasn't interested in even trying it. I hated google buzz and didn't want a new social service. I already hate facebook and buzz. Twitter is kinda ok. I like G+ for now. No ads or game requests yet. I like the sharing options

skid(Posted 2011) [#5]
I was wondering what kind of interactive options were planned for Google+, for games they have their own monkey, who speaks Java so maybe there is some common ground:

http://code.google.com/p/forplay/