Mars Explorer FULL SOURCE CODE Released

Monkey Forums/Monkey Code/Mars Explorer FULL SOURCE CODE Released

GarBenjamin(Posted 2015) [#1]
Hey, just wanted to let you know the full source code for Mars Explorer is now available for download from my website.

Here is a screenshot of the game:

You can download the Monkey X source code and play Mars Explorer in your web browser.

Remember this was just a test of development speed in Monkey X so don't expect the game to be loaded with stuff! It just covers the basics of what are needed for making a 2D scrolling arcade style game in Monkey X.

Hopefully it will provide you with a few minutes of retro style gaming fun for those who enjoy such stuff as much as I do.

Basically, I see this as a sort of template for making a 2D scrolling game in Monkey X. So, maybe people who are new to programming and Monkey X can use it to give them a faster start on producing their own games! :)

If you want to contact me the best way is probably on Twitter. You will find the link to my Twitter account in my signature and also on my web pages.

Happy coding! =)

Phil7(Posted 2015) [#2]
Thanks for the great work. I'm not using monkey for too long, but for me your work and the posts I read put a lot of life into this forum. You're getting things done. I like this forum and the language a lot, but sometimes there is mainly technical stuff on one hand and some finished games on the other and a huge gap about how to get from here to there for a beginner.
A whole project source code from an experienced game designer is something I definitely need at the moment to see how to do things, get clean code and structure...
Just inspirational seeing this work, effort and mindset (HGD). Hope to read a lot more! ( I'm not an english native speaker, so I'm not quite shure if I got my message across the right way.)

Phil

Neuro(Posted 2015) [#3]
Moon Patrol :)!!!!

Jesse(Posted 2015) [#4]
I like it. A couple of years back I was going to take a stab at doing it but never really took the time.

Good job!

GarBenjamin(Posted 2015) [#5]
Thanks. Glad you like it!

@Phil7: Thanks for taking the time to let me know you appreciate me sharing the source. That's awesome because the whole point of it is that hopefully it would be of some help to someone somewhere. So thanks a lot! I hope you do get some use out of it and if you have any questions feel free to message me on Twitter or here.