Water fun

Monkey Forums/Monkey Code/Water fun

Jesse(Posted 2012) [#1]
below is a program designed by Tetra at DBF that I converted to BlitzMax and I wanted to see if I could get it working in monkey. I did it with out much hustle. Only problem is the only platform it runs decent on is GLFW and release mode.

It uses Hitoro virtual screen resolution (included/integrated).
to use it, use any 320 x 240 image.
you can set the density by pressing a number between 1 and 5 inclusive while running.

Gerry Quinn(Posted 2012) [#2]
What's Image.CreateNullFrames()?

Jesse(Posted 2012) [#3]
Sorry Gerry and sorry Everyone, I completely forgot I had modified the Image class to create a null Image with the number of frames from the already created image so I could just move frames from one image to another. I did that and completely forgot about it. I guess this thread is just pointless. Sorry everybody.

if anybody is interested in getting it to run the mojo.graphics image class needs to be modified by adding this methods:

[monkeycode]
Method CreateEmpty:Image(iwidth,iheight,nframes,iflags,source:Image)
Self.source = source
surface=source.surface
width = iwidth
height= iheight
frames = New Frame[nframes]
ApplyFlags iflags
Return Self
End Method
[/monkeycode]

and

[monkeycode]
Method CreateNullFrames:Image()
Return (New Image).CreateEmpty(width,height,frames.Length,flags,Self)
End Method
[/monkeycode]

and removed Private from Image class.

yea, I know everybody hates it but I just hate being puppet and following standards and being limited to the puppet master rules. Makes it easier for me to work as I like.

Once Again, Sorry!

Gerry Quinn(Posted 2012) [#4]
Gave it a try... it compiles, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything.

CodeGit(Posted 2012) [#5]
Tried to run this, gave up after 2 minutes. :)

Jesse(Posted 2012) [#6]
it only works with glfw on release mode. I did mention that in the first post. it's really really slow on any other platform otherwise.

And click on screen. :)